The overall objective of the project is to improve the knowledge of the inequalities between women and men in Chad so as to allow a better integration of women in the development policies implemented by the EUD Chad, mainly in the 3 sectors of application of the 11th EDF.
The specific objectives are:
- Expand a gender-based analysis of Chad that presents in a concise and evidence-based and statistical manner the current situation of gender equality and empowerment of women and the gaps in both the realization of women's rights than in the institutional response with a focus on the 3 sectors of concentration of the 11th EDF.
- Develop recommendations for the identification of an objective and related indicators for each of the three thematic priorities of the GAP.
- Develop recommendations for identification of indicators on gender equality in the 11th EDF programs already started and in the formulation phase.
The analysis examined how these inequalities overlap other inequalities (urban/rural, young/old, rich/poor) and how they influence the enjoyment of human rights and access to development results and reviewed the commitment of the Technical Partners to work on gender equality and women's empowerment. The activities were as follows:
- Identify and meet up all stakeholders related to the high-quality perform of the analysis and conduct interviews and focus groups in N'Djamena including all current EDF projects and mission within the country in 2 implementation of projects financed by the EDF, namely Ouadaï and Moyen Chari;
- recognize and analyze recent statistics and key data on situation of women and girls, men and boys especially in the 3 areas of concentration of the National Indicative Program and identify those that could be used in the GAP reporting requirements;
- Identify main obstacles to achieving equality between men and women (including social, legislative, institutional capacity, political motivation, etc.) with emphasis on the focus NIP areas;
Create a mapping of knowledge/information gaps (for example statistical data disaggregated by sex-age).