The general objective of this contract is to allow an efficient implementation of the LIANE project. This project aims to facilitate the partnership between the State and the Ivorian civil society by strengthening the CSO capacity and by supporting their governance actions. The LIANE project, funded in Ivory Coast by the 10th European Development Fund (EDF), aims to be a professionalizing tool for institutions, in order to allow the different actors to be the real vectors of development and to represent the true lever for becoming recognized as a witness to the strengthening of democracy and national reconciliation.
In order to achieve the above mentioned results, the program is implemented by using two axes of intervention:
- Axis 1: Governance initiatives, national reconciliation and multi-actors partnership of Ivoirian CSOs (both on national and regional - local level) to improve their involvement in the chain of public policy. Axis 1 of Liane is implemented through calls for proposals launched by the DUE;
- Axis 2: Strengthening of organizational, technical and institutional capacity of CSOs with a vocation and/or a role in the political dialogue in respect of their specificity. Axis 2 of the Programme is implemented through a direct grant of € 1.7 million to the Centre for Research and Actions for Peace (CERAP).
The specific purpose of this contract is to ensure a regular follow-up (monitoring) of the LIANE project. In particular, the monitoring ensures:
- Monitoring the implementation of the overallLiane project;
- Complementarities with Non-State Actors & Local Authorities thematic programs (NSA&LA) and the European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights (EIDHR);
- Support for reflection on supporting civil society in the framework of the 11th EDF: reflection installation, continuity with the Liane project.