The Anna Lindh Foundation was created in 2004, and has the mandate of promoting intercultural dialogue in the Euro-Mediterranean region. The EU has been the principal donor to ALF since its inception back in 2004. Phase IV of the Foundation programme covers the period (2015-17) and is supported with a total EC contribution of 7 M€. In this phase, activities are structured around three areas of action of the Foundation: i) increasing competences in all sectors to promote and participate Intercultural Dialogue; ii) creation of spaces for dialogue; iii) promoting exchange across the Euro-Mediterranean Region.
The global objectives of the present assignment are to:
- Conduct the mid-term evaluation of the regional programme 'Support to the Anna Lindh Foundation – Phase IV - Bringing people together for fostering common values across the Mediterranean' - EC Action Grant, 7M€, 2015-2017;
- Provide recommendations for the second half of the implementation of the current funding, and for the future support to the Anna Lindh Foundation (upcoming Phase V 2018-2020).
- to provide an overall independent and systematic mid-term evaluation of the 'Support to the Anna Lindh Foundation – Phase IV - Bringing people together for fostering common values across the Mediterranean' programme in terms of the delivery of its activities, outputs and results (including an assessment of likely impact) according to the objectives and indicators of the programme, as defined in the description of the action of the project document, the terms of the contract and the implementation reports.
- To evaluate aspects of the ALF structure (governance, funding) in relation to the implementation of the EC grant;
- Based on the results of the evaluation, to provide recommendations on relevance and scope of intervention of future EU support to the Anna Lindh Foundation (second half of the implementation of the current funding and future support to the Anna Lindh Foundation (upcoming Phase V 2018-2020), including which options could be considered by the Foundation in order to diversify their funding sources.
RELATED PROJECTSConstruction Supervision for Detention Ponds, Bridge Reconstruction and Urgent Repairs