Framework Contract Beneficiaires 2013 - LOT 7: Human Rights, Civil Society, Governance, Justice And Home Affairs
The object of this contract is the provision on-demand of highly specialised expertise in all fields of Human rights, civil society, governance, justice and Home Affairs in the countries beneficiary of the co-operation with the European Union, within the ceiling of 300.000 Euro for each assignment. The EC has selected 6 consortia to whom send a request for services whenever a service in the above mentioned field is needed.
The sectors we cover for this Framework Contract are:
Promotion and protection of human rights, in the context of the human rights approach to poverty reduction, inclusive focus on people’s participation and empowerment, linkage to national and international human rights norms and standards, equality and non-discrimination, monitoring and accountability.
- Promotion and protection of fundamental human rights, social, economic and cultural rights, political and civil rights (women rights, freedom of movement, freedom of thought, conscience and religion, children, minorities, indigenous peoples, migrants…)
Support to democratization
- Democratization processes (incl. civic education), citizenship in terms of inter alia the representative legitimacy, participation and political accountability
- Social and political roots of conflicts (conflict prevention)
- Electoral processes (excluding exploratory mission for election observers and election observers' missions)
- Political society: role and functioning of the Parliament and political parties
- Free, independent and economically viable media and freedom of expression
Reinforcement of the rule of law and administration of justice
- Reinforcement of the rule of law, prevention of corruption
- Reform of judiciary (legal reform, justice and protection of human rights, capacity building, training of magistrates and prosecution officers…)
- Penal regime (sentencing and detention, pre-trial, juvenile detention…), police reform and security sector reform (including exercise of civilian control over the military)
Public administration reform, and civil service reform
- Public administration reform and organizational development of public institutions (including policy formulation, planning, budgeting, monitoring, evaluation…)
- Civil service reform (including legal code, human resources management – recruitment, training, salaries…)
Decentralization and local development
- Decentralization (subsidiarity, legislation, accountability), support to local authorities (local and regional levels including municipalities)
- Community based development (empowerment and participatory approaches, gender issues, micro-projects) and local development strategies (social, economic, multi-sector)
Enhancement of the role of civil society
- Organizations (Non Governmental organizations, Community Based Organizations, media, trade unions…), roles (service delivery and advocacy) and recognition (legal framework). Including participatory organization analysis and needs diagnostics
- Capacity building (development of strategies, management and human resource development), including design and delivery of training/mentoring/tutoring and other forms of support in all aspects of organization at strategic and functional level, advocacy, internal governance, decision-making processes, accountability and transparency, fund raising, and networking (networking at local, national, regional and international level, coalition building, intermediary organizations, dialogue with government institutions)
Home Affairs, the fight against organised crime (incl. drugs) and terrorism.
Geographical areas concerned are:
- European Neighborhood and Partnership Instrument (ENPI) countries
- European Development Fund - ACP (Africa, Caribbean and Pacific) countries
- and Latin America (ALA) countries
- Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance () countries.