The overall objective of the mission is to contribute to the socio-economic, geographically balanced development of Chad, European Union can support through its various instruments.
The specific objective of the pre-identification mission is to undertake an exploratory, prospective and global diagnosis on the BEEOT area, establishing an advanced and documented state of the issues, challenges, opportunities and threats of the peaceful and concerted development of the four regions area.
- Conduct a documentary review (statistical and cartographic) and establish a reference source on the area.
- Analyze the national and regional strategies and policies of Chad in relation to the specific elements of the BEEOT region.
- Implement mapping of interventions and main programs and actors in order to establish an overview of the key current and future interventions carried out in the area.
- Conduct and carry out interviews with key stakeholders, local actors (political and administrative authorities, regional and local development frameworks - CRA, CDA, CLA - customary authorities, umbrella organizations, local associations, CSOs / NGOs), projects intervening or having occurred in the area, technical services, different groups and categories of the population: breeders, farmers, private sector, etc.
- Recommend realistic leads for the socio-economic development of the BEEOT area.
- Identify key elements of a further identification and support mission of the EU under various instruments (in particular 11th EDF PIN, Trust Fund, etc.)