The global objective is to contribute to a more enabling environment for civil society in Lebanon. The specific objective of this assignment is to identify actions which contribute to the promotion of an increased engagement of civil society organizations in Lebanon both at policy and local development levels, through the implementation of the "EU Roadmap for Engagement with Civil Society in Lebanon".
The services provided by our staff within the assignment are:
- To map on-going projects/initiatives to Civil Society Organisations in Lebanon funded by EU Delegation and EU Member States in the following sectors: Environment (including water and waste management), health, education and energy. The mapping also included an overview of other non-EU donors' activities to civil society organisations within the already mentioned sectors.
- To identify priorities and draft relevant guidelines for a call for proposal to be launched aiming at:
- Promoting a conducing environment for civil society in supporting reform and increasing public accountability in the field of health, education and environment (including water and energy)
- Supporting initiatives led by Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) in their contribution to local development.
- A Situation Analysis Report including the following:
- The environment in which civil society is operating in Lebanon,
- The effectiveness, representativeness and accountability of civil society umbrella organisations in Lebanon (coalition/networks etc.) in their work as development actors and contributors to policy making in Lebanon in Environment (including water and waste management), health, education and energy.
- The institutional and organisational obstacles/gaps and challenges faced by CSOs in participating in the policy process and local development.
- The actual needs of CSOs for capacity building interventions to increase their engagement in the policy process and the local development.
- A detailed mapping of all EU funded initiatives in Lebanon led by civil society organizations within the following sectors: health, education, energy and environment, including water and waste management, including an overview of other non-EU donors' activities to civil society organisations within the same sectors.
- A draft for Guidelines for Applicants to the call for proposal, with a budget of 5,000,000€.
A precise timeframe for the implementation of all activities defined above.