Sustainable Training and Education Programme (STEP) - Consultancy to Design a Higher Education Strategy for Ethiopia
The assignment supports the MoE and the Education Strategy Centre (ESC) in designing and implementing a participatory process to develop the higher education strategy for Ethiopia. The higher education strategy will give a long term perspective for policy makers, universities and other stakeholders and target groups. In view of this, the experts conduct an in depth context analysis on the national higher education system, in order to develop a long‐term strategy to guide the short‐ and medium‐term planning of Higher Education in Ethiopia.
Type of services provided
- To conduct a desk study to review existing documents in order to analyze the situation as well as draw lessons from conducting a benchmarking study.
- To provide a set of different strategic options, outlining clear directions, objectives, targeted activities, deliverables and indicators,
- To conduct a number of participatory processes such as focus group discussions, interviews and 3 national workshops with key experts and stakeholders (policy makers, higher education institutions, teaching and management staff, students, professional associations, employers, etc.) in the Ethiopian higher education sector in order to analyze the situation and identify priorities as well as to brainstorm future strategic options and propose a structure for implementation.
- To provide recommendations on potential governance structure.
- To prepare final draft of the national Higher Education strategy, including a detailed implementation plan by incorporating feedback from the responsible stakeholders.