A.R.S. PROGETTI’S PERCEPTION
In several areas of Africa, when entering the territory of another tribe, one is required to bear a special "passport mask".
This has a profound meaning: to neutralise one's roots and individuality as a sign of respect to those whose territory is being entered. In this there is an ancient wisdom, the sublimation of humanity's neutral essence.
Quoting Aeschylus Agamemnon "Provided they respect the temples and the Gods of the vanquished, then shall the victors be saved".
ARS Progetti is a consulting firm working all over the world providing services, such as surveys, studies, design and technical assistance, mainly to public committers and for public interests, in fields related with governance and human development, culture and cultural heritage, social and physical infrastructure.
Its overall mission is of a professional nature and consists in finding out, proposing and helping to implement solutions "which work", with reference to complex problems affecting extended social groups, regions, countries, groups of countries. Working on this ARS Progetti pursues the interest of its direct and "indirect" clients and project beneficiaries.
Mid-Term Evaluation of 'Strengthening Reconciliation Processes in Sri Lanka'
JOB / DESCRIPTION DU TRAVAILLE
POSITION:1 Conflict management and resolution expert, Category I (30 working days, out of which 20 in Sri Lanka)
1 Good governance Expert, Category II (25 working days in total, out of which 20 in Sri Lanka)
1 Reparation Expert, Category II (25 working days in total, out of which 20 in Sri Lanka)
1 Cross-language dynamics Expert, Category II (25 working days in total, out of which 20 in Sri Lanka)
COUNTRY / PAYS: Sri Lanka and homebased
STARTING DATE / DATE DE DEMARRAGE: mid-January 2020
DURATION / DUREE: 90 days
GENERAL OBJECTIVE / OBJECTIVE GENERAL: The overall objective is: To contribute to strengthening reconciliation processes
The specific objective is: Government, non-government and grassroots organizations take joint responsibility in addressing key elements of the reconciliation process.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, APPLICATION SERVICES AND EXPECTED RESULTS / OBJECTIVES PARTICULIERS, SERVICES DEMANDES ET RÉSULTATS A ATTEINDRE:
QUALIFICATION: Minimum requirements for Team Leader:
• At least 12 years experience on evaluation of complex, multi-stakeholders programmes in the area of peacebuilding and/or reconciliation and/or transitional justice in fragile or post conflict contexts
• Master degree or equivalent, (PhD an advantage) with specialisation in conflict and development or other relevant fields
• Experience in conceptualisation, design, management and implementation and evaluation of peacebuilding and reconciliation programmes
Minimum requirements for Key Expert 2,3,4:
• at least 6 years experience in evaluating and/or monitoring projects in a conflict or post-conflict context
• Master degree or equivalent with specialisation in institutional capacity development (KE2)
• Master degree in social science or equivalent with specialisation relevant topics related to peacebuilding and transitional justice (KE3)
• Master degree or equivalent with specialisation in cross-language dynamics (KE4)
At least one/two expert(s) within the team must have such experience:
• In tracking progress of reconciliation including knowledge on baseline data management, collection and collation, tools and indicators to measure progress (1 expert)
• In culture and art for conflict transformation and social integration (1 expert)
• In memorialisation, historical dialogue, social capital in rebuilding social relations (1 expert)
• In Project Cycle Management, Logical Framework Approach, results-based approach, performance monitoring. Familiarity with EU approaches will be a strong advantage (2 experts)
• In psychosocial support in conflict affected areas (1 expert)
• In reconciliation processes, policies-making and framework mechanisms and practices (1 expert)
• In gender issues mainstreaming in development and post conflict contexts (1 expert)
• Practical or research experience in the region (2 experts)
• Excellent English writing and speaking skills (native or evidence of proficiency level C2 standard) – with evidence of publications for the Team Leader (2 experts)
• Excellent speaking and reading knowledge of Tamil (1 expert)
• Excellent speaking and reading knowledge of Sinhala (1 expert, different from the expert above)
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE / EXPÉRIENCE SPÉCIFIQUE:
WORK LANGUAGE / LANGUE DE TRAVAIL: english
APPLY / POSTULER: firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail
DATE LINE / DATE LIMITE: 16/10/2019