A.R.S. PROGETTI’S PERCEPTION
In several areas of Africa, when entering the territory of another tribe, one is required to bear a special "passport mask".
This has a profound meaning: to neutralise one's roots and individuality as a sign of respect to those whose territory is being entered. In this there is an ancient wisdom, the sublimation of humanity's neutral essence.
Quoting Aeschylus Agamemnon "Provided they respect the temples and the Gods of the vanquished, then shall the victors be saved".
ARS Progetti is a consulting firm working all over the world providing services, such as surveys, studies, design and technical assistance, mainly to public committers and for public interests, in fields related with governance and human development, culture and cultural heritage, social and physical infrastructure.
Its overall mission is of a professional nature and consists in finding out, proposing and helping to implement solutions "which work", with reference to complex problems affecting extended social groups, regions, countries, groups of countries. Working on this ARS Progetti pursues the interest of its direct and "indirect" clients and project beneficiaries.
Political Economy analysis on anti-corruption institutions in Iraq” - SIEA 2018 Lot3
JOB / DESCRIPTION DU TRAVAILLE
POSITION:Thematic expert on Political Economy Analysis in the anti-corruption domain
COUNTRY / PAYS: Iraq
Home Based, with mission in Iraq
STARTING DATE / DATE DE DEMARRAGE: Janurt 2021
DURATION / DUREE: The indicative start date is 18/01/2021 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 210 days from this date (indicative end date: 16/08/2021).
GENERAL OBJECTIVE / OBJECTIVE GENERAL: .
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, APPLICATION SERVICES AND EXPECTED RESULTS / OBJECTIVES PARTICULIERS, SERVICES DEMANDES ET RÉSULTATS A ATTEINDRE:
The specific objective of the contract is to provide an in-depth political economy analysis of Iraqi institutions that are involved in the fight against corruption with judicial and legislative powers as well as independent anti-corruption bodies notably, the Commission of Integrity.
The objective hereof is to:
- enable the EU to navigate within and respond to the complex political economy of anti - corruption institutions and actors .
- ensure feasibility and political viability of programme activities and effective solutions that respond to the specificities of the Iraqi context.
- inform operationalization of adaptive, strategic approaches to institutional change and the fine-tuning of programme management and implementation as they ensue.
- contribute to a conflict sensitive approach, risk analysis and risk mitigation.
- understand whose interest is at stake and explain obstacles for reform
- identify actors of change and incentives to trigger change, identify space for reform
- seek to transform incentive structures or work around them to the extent feasible
QUALIFICATION: 3 Positions:
Lead thematic expert on Political Economy Analysis in the anti-corruption domain:
• Expert category: Cat. I (>12 years of experience)
• Qualifications and skills required: At least an academic master’s degree in law, international relations, political sciences, development studies, governance or equivalent.
• General professional experience: At least 12 years of experience in at least one of the sectors of lot 3: Human rights, democracy and rule of law - Conflict prevention and resolution, Peace and Security.
• Specific professional experience: 1) At least 10 years of solid experience in research/ analysis, and/or performance of political economy analyses in sectors related to rule of law, governance and/or anti-corruption response strategies. 2) Proven experience or
specialization in one of the three fields of work (Parliament / Judiciary /Commission of Integrity or independent anti-corruption agencies) as well as a linkage to anti-corruption programming responses 3) Proven previous professional experience in Iraq or MENA countries related to the topic of the assignment, or closely linked to it.
• Language skills: Proficiency in English and Arabic are mandatory (written, verbal).
• Number of working days: 33 days
Thematic expert on Political Economy Analysis in the anti-corruption domain:
• Expert category: Cat. II (>6 years of experience)
• Qualifications and skills required: At least an academic master/bachelor degree in law, international relations, political sciences, development studies, governance or equivalent.
• General professional experience: at least 6 years of experience in at least one of the sectors of lot 3 in Iraq: Human rights, democracy and rule of law - Conflict prevention and resolution, Peace and Security
• Specific professional experience: 1) At least 5 years of solid experience in Iraq in research/analysis, and/or performance of political economy analyses or research in sectors related to rule of law and/or anti-corruption response strategies. 2) Proven experience or specialization in one of the three fields of work (Judiciary/Supreme Judicial Council) as well as a linkage to anti-corruption responses. 3) Proven experience of at least 2 years in Iraq with support tasks (such as arranging meetings, taking notes, logistics)
• Language skills: proficiency in Arabic and English is mandatory (written, verbal)
• Number of working days: 33 days
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE / EXPÉRIENCE SPÉCIFIQUE: The required team of experts is foreseen to be composed as follows to cover the four themes of the PEA (Commission of Integrity, Council of Representatives, Supreme Judicial Council, Iraqi civil society): - 1 team leader who also serves as one of the thematic experts (1 Category I expert); - 5 key thematic experts (2 Category I experts , 3 Category II experts). Please note that: first, Regarding the category I lead thematic experts (3 experts, one of which to be the team leader): thematic themes to be covered by the experts (category I) are: Commission of Integrity, Council of Representatives, Supreme Judicial Council. It is for the contractor to decide the division of the themes among the 3 experts. Second, regarding Category II thematic experts (3 experts): thematic themes to be covered by the experts (category II) are: Iraqi civil society, Supreme Judicial Council, Commission of integrity/Council of Representatives.
WORK LANGUAGE / LANGUE DE TRAVAIL: Arabic mandatory + English
APPLY / POSTULER: Mrs. Marie-Eve Ciparisse ; Mr Carmine Carissimi e-mail
DATE LINE / DATE LIMITE: 18th November 2020 at 12.00