A.R.S. PROGETTI’S PERCEPTION
In several areas of Africa, when entering the territory of another tribe, one is required to bear a special "passport mask".
This has a profound meaning: to neutralise one's roots and individuality as a sign of respect to those whose territory is being entered. In this there is an ancient wisdom, the sublimation of humanity's neutral essence.
Quoting Aeschylus Agamemnon "Provided they respect the temples and the Gods of the vanquished, then shall the victors be saved".
ARS Progetti is a consulting firm working all over the world providing services, such as surveys, studies, design and technical assistance, mainly to public committers and for public interests, in fields related with governance and human development, culture and cultural heritage, social and physical infrastructure.
Its overall mission is of a professional nature and consists in finding out, proposing and helping to implement solutions "which work", with reference to complex problems affecting extended social groups, regions, countries, groups of countries. Working on this ARS Progetti pursues the interest of its direct and "indirect" clients and project beneficiaries.
TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE TO THE TRANSPORT AND INFRASTRUCTURE SECTORS IN GUINEA-BISSAU
JOB / DESCRIPTION DU TRAVAILLE
POSITION:various positions: a transport expert (head of mission), road safety specialist, expert in road maintenance financing, expert in road maintenance
COUNTRY / PAYS: Guinee Bissau
STARTING DATE / DATE DE DEMARRAGE:
DURATION / DUREE: The time limit for the service is forty-two (42) months, including twenty-four (24) full time for the Head of Mission. The time of the intervention of the key experts is estimated at 42 man-months.
GENERAL OBJECTIVE / OBJECTIVE GENERAL: The main objective of this service is to provide technical assistance to ministries and institutions in charge of transport services and infrastructure (Ministry of Public Works, Housing and Urban Planning, Ministry of Transport, Road Maintenance Fund). This assistance will focus on the following points
- Improvement of road safety (Ministry of Transport);
- Improving the mobilization and management of resources for road maintenance (Ministry of Public Works, in conjunction with the Ministry of Finance and other stakeholders);
- Improving the programming and execution of road maintenance (Ministry of Public Works);
- improving the management of infrastructure projects (Ministry of Public Works).
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, APPLICATION SERVICES AND EXPECTED RESULTS / OBJECTIVES PARTICULIERS, SERVICES DEMANDES ET RÉSULTATS A ATTEINDRE:
Tasks of the Consultant
The Consultant's mandate is divided into four missions.
a. Assistance to the Directorate General for Transport Infrastructure (DGIT) in the technical, administrative and financial management of projects
b. Assistance to the DGIT in programming and management of road maintenance
The consultant will support the ITB in its activities, in particular:
c. Support for the mobilization and management of financial resources for road maintenance
d. support for road safety
- a transport expert (head of mission), with a transport economist or road engineer profile (BAC+5), with at least 15 years of experience and having taken part in at least two (02) similar technical assistance missions during the last ten (10) years; to be mobilized on a full-time basis during the first 24 months of the contract and who speaks fluent French and Portuguese;
- A road safety specialist, with an engineering background (BAC+5), having at least 15 years of experience and having carried out at least two (02) missions in support of road safety reinforcement (definition or implementation of the Highway Code, etc.) during the last ten (10) years who speaks fluent Portuguese;
- An expert in road maintenance financing, with an economist, road engineer or any other relevant discipline (BAC+5) profile, having at least 15 years of experience and having carried out at least two (2) similar missions (improvement of the resources of a Road Maintenance Fund) during the last ten (10) years who speaks fluent Portuguese;
- an expert in road maintenance, with a public works engineer profile (BAC+5), having at least 15 years of experience and having taken part in at least three (03) road maintenance programming and monitoring missions during the last ten (10) years who speaks fluent Portuguese.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE / EXPÉRIENCE SPÉCIFIQUE:
WORK LANGUAGE / LANGUE DE TRAVAIL: Portuguese and French for the HoM; Portuguese for the rest of the team
APPLY / POSTULER: Mrs. Andrea Rachele Fiore e-mail
DATE LINE / DATE LIMITE: 2020-06-29