A.R.S. PROGETTI’S PERCEPTION
In several areas of Africa, when entering the territory of another tribe, one is required to bear a special "passport mask".
This has a profound meaning: to neutralise one's roots and individuality as a sign of respect to those whose territory is being entered. In this there is an ancient wisdom, the sublimation of humanity's neutral essence.
Quoting Aeschylus Agamemnon "Provided they respect the temples and the Gods of the vanquished, then shall the victors be saved".
ARS Progetti is a consulting firm working all over the world providing services, such as surveys, studies, design and technical assistance, mainly to public committers and for public interests, in fields related with governance and human development, culture and cultural heritage, social and physical infrastructure.
Its overall mission is of a professional nature and consists in finding out, proposing and helping to implement solutions "which work", with reference to complex problems affecting extended social groups, regions, countries, groups of countries. Working on this ARS Progetti pursues the interest of its direct and "indirect" clients and project beneficiaries.
Central Services to the International Urban and Regional Cooperation (IURC): Sustainable and innovative cities and regions
JOB / DESCRIPTION DU TRAVAILLE
POSITION:Key Expert 1: Team Leader (a minimum of 110 working days per year of implementation of the project)
COUNTRY / PAYS: Belgium
Brussels, missions abroad
STARTING DATE / DATE DE DEMARRAGE: 4/01/2021
DURATION / DUREE: 36 months
GENERAL OBJECTIVE / OBJECTIVE GENERAL: The overall objective of the action “International Urban and Regional Cooperation (IURC): Sustainable and innovative cities and regions” is to lead and develop a form of decentralised international urban and regional co-operation whose main axes of activity would be two-fold: sustainable urban development and innovation in key partner countries and regions in line with the external dimension of "Europe 2020".
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, APPLICATION SERVICES AND EXPECTED RESULTS / OBJECTIVES PARTICULIERS, SERVICES DEMANDES ET RÉSULTATS A ATTEINDRE:
The purpose of this contract is to improve the overall performance of the IURC programme to attain its two specific objectives:
1. To develop cooperation between EU and non-EU participating cities in order to improve and feed EU cities' practices on sustainable urban development;
2. To develop innovation cooperation between EU and, on the one hand, selected regions in Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Peru and Colombia and, on the other, with selected regions in China and Japan.
QUALIFICATION: - University degree in one of the following fields: social sciences, economics, communication, geography, urban planning/development, architecture, engineering or another directly related discipline to this assignment. Alternatively, secondary education diploma and 8 years of full-time proven relevant experience additional to the requested general and specific professional experience (see below).
- Minimum 5 years full-time, proven post-graduate experience leading teams in the public or private sector or in public-funded projects of similar size and duration.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum 5 years full-time proven post-graduate experience working as an expert in the fields of: sustainable urban development and/or innovation.
- Minimum 1 year professional experience in working with sub-national entities and/or their groupings.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE / EXPÉRIENCE SPÉCIFIQUE: - At least a level of C1 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages in written and oral communication in English.
WORK LANGUAGE / LANGUE DE TRAVAIL: English
APPLY / POSTULER: Michela Di Nola e-mail
DATE LINE / DATE LIMITE: 3/07/2020