A.R.S. PROGETTI’S PERCEPTION
In several areas of Africa, when entering the territory of another tribe, one is required to bear a special "passport mask".
This has a profound meaning: to neutralise one's roots and individuality as a sign of respect to those whose territory is being entered. In this there is an ancient wisdom, the sublimation of humanity's neutral essence.
Quoting Aeschylus Agamemnon "Provided they respect the temples and the Gods of the vanquished, then shall the victors be saved".
ARS Progetti is a consulting firm working all over the world providing services, such as surveys, studies, design and technical assistance, mainly to public committers and for public interests, in fields related with governance and human development, culture and cultural heritage, social and physical infrastructure.
Its overall mission is of a professional nature and consists in finding out, proposing and helping to implement solutions "which work", with reference to complex problems affecting extended social groups, regions, countries, groups of countries. Working on this ARS Progetti pursues the interest of its direct and "indirect" clients and project beneficiaries.
SIEA 2018 / LOT 3: “Final Evaluation of the programme "Direct support to Non-State Actors and Local Authorities in actions promoting achievement of the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) in the Republic of Mauritius""
JOB / DESCRIPTION DU TRAVAILLE
POSITION:Evaluation Team Leader
COUNTRY / PAYS: Republic of Mauritius
Republic of Mauritius
STARTING DATE / DATE DE DEMARRAGE: 30 April 2020
DURATION / DUREE: 30 working days
GENERAL OBJECTIVE / OBJECTIVE GENERAL:
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, APPLICATION SERVICES AND EXPECTED RESULTS / OBJECTIVES PARTICULIERS, SERVICES DEMANDES ET RÉSULTATS A ATTEINDRE:
The main objectives of this evaluation are to provide the relevant services of the European Union and the interested stakeholders with:
- an overall independent assessment of the past performance of the "Direct Support to NSA & LA in actions promoting achievement of MDG in the Republic of Mauritius " which comprised of two components - DCP MDG Initiative and Support to water sector development in Rodrigues, paying particular attention to its results measured against its expected objectives; and the reasons underpinning such results;
- key lessons learned, conclusions and related recommendations in order to improve current and future Actions.
In particular, this evaluation will serve as lessons learnt on how to best serve the civil society organisations and local authorities in improving their service delivery vis a vis the vulnerable groups.
The main users of this evaluation will be the policy makers (Ministry of Finance and Economic Development and Ministry of Social Integration and Economic Empowerment). This evaluation will be particularly relevant to the latter ministry in the implementation of its actions/activities under the National CSR Foundation. The EU Delegation in the Republic of Mauritius will use the recommendations of the final evaluation in the implementation of the CSO thematic programme (2019-2020 allocations) and in the implementation of its activities in Rodrigues.
QUALIFICATION: Minimum requirements of the team (Cat. 1 expert)
• Master's Degree in law, economics, social sciences or any other field relevant to the evaluation
• 12 years of experience in evaluation;
• 10 years of experience in the fields relevant to the evaluation (Poverty alleviation, Social/Sustainable Development, NSAs' capacity building)
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE / EXPÉRIENCE SPÉCIFIQUE: Language skills of the team:
• English: written and spoken fluency, Level C2.
• French: written and spoken fluency, Level C2.
WORK LANGUAGE / LANGUE DE TRAVAIL: English and French
APPLY / POSTULER: Francesco Delli Paoli e-mail
DATE LINE / DATE LIMITE: 16 March 2020