A.R.S. PROGETTI’S PERCEPTION
In several areas of Africa, when entering the territory of another tribe, one is required to bear a special "passport mask".
This has a profound meaning: to neutralise one's roots and individuality as a sign of respect to those whose territory is being entered. In this there is an ancient wisdom, the sublimation of humanity's neutral essence.
Quoting Aeschylus Agamemnon "Provided they respect the temples and the Gods of the vanquished, then shall the victors be saved".
ARS Progetti is a consulting firm working all over the world providing services, such as surveys, studies, design and technical assistance, mainly to public committers and for public interests, in fields related with governance and human development, culture and cultural heritage, social and physical infrastructure.
Its overall mission is of a professional nature and consists in finding out, proposing and helping to implement solutions "which work", with reference to complex problems affecting extended social groups, regions, countries, groups of countries. Working on this ARS Progetti pursues the interest of its direct and "indirect" clients and project beneficiaries.
Mid-Term Evaluation of “Strengthening Reconciliation Processes in Sri Lanka”
JOB / DESCRIPTION DU TRAVAILLE
POSITION:Key Expert 4: Language Expert
COUNTRY / PAYS: Sri Lanka
Colombo, with field visits in selected Provinces of Sri Lanka
STARTING DATE / DATE DE DEMARRAGE: 20/01/2020
DURATION / DUREE: 90 days
GENERAL OBJECTIVE / OBJECTIVE GENERAL: The main objectives of this evaluation are to provide the relevant services of the European Union, the German Foreign Office and the interested stakeholders with:
An overall independent assessment of the past performance of the 'Strengthening Reconciliation Processes in Sri Lanka' project to be evaluated, paying particular attention to its intermediate results measured against its expected objectives; and the reasons underpinning such results.
Key lessons learned, conclusions and related recommendations in order to improve current and future Actions.
In particular, this evaluation will serve to understand the performance of the Action, its enabling factors and those hampering a proper delivery of results in order to adjust its design.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, APPLICATION SERVICES AND EXPECTED RESULTS / OBJECTIVES PARTICULIERS, SERVICES DEMANDES ET RÉSULTATS A ATTEINDRE:
The evaluation will assess the Action using the five standard DAC evaluation criteria, namely: relevance, effectiveness – including early signs of impact – efficiency and sustainability. In addition, the evaluation will assess two EU specific evaluation criteria:
- The EU added value (the extent to which the Action brings additional benefits to what would have resulted from other implementing organisations' intervention only);
- The coherence of the Action itself, with the EU strategy in Sri Lanka and with the EU policy and other EU Members State Actions.
QUALIFICATION: • Master's degree or equivalent (10 years of professional experience, in addition to the professional experience required, is considered as an equivalent for a master degree or combined, a bachelor degree with 5 years of professional experience) with specialisation in cross-language dynamics, including multilingual communities (Cat II)
• at least 6 years' experience in designing and/or managing and/or evaluating multi-stakeholders programmes in the area of peacebuilding and/or reconciliation and/or transitional justice in fragile or post conflict contexts
• Experience in language as a factor in different international peacebuilding and reconciliation contexts, including in multilingual communities. Additional experience in language teaching methodologies will be an advantage.
• Excellent speaking and reading knowledge of Tamil
• Excellent speaking and reading knowledge of Sinhala
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE / EXPÉRIENCE SPÉCIFIQUE:
WORK LANGUAGE / LANGUE DE TRAVAIL: English
APPLY / POSTULER: Michela Di Nola e-mail
DATE LINE / DATE LIMITE: 03/12/2019