A.R.S. PROGETTI’S PERCEPTION
In several areas of Africa, when entering the territory of another tribe, one is required to bear a special "passport mask".
This has a profound meaning: to neutralise one's roots and individuality as a sign of respect to those whose territory is being entered. In this there is an ancient wisdom, the sublimation of humanity's neutral essence.
Quoting Aeschylus Agamemnon "Provided they respect the temples and the Gods of the vanquished, then shall the victors be saved".
ARS Progetti is a consulting firm working all over the world providing services, such as surveys, studies, design and technical assistance, mainly to public committers and for public interests, in fields related with governance and human development, culture and cultural heritage, social and physical infrastructure.
Its overall mission is of a professional nature and consists in finding out, proposing and helping to implement solutions "which work", with reference to complex problems affecting extended social groups, regions, countries, groups of countries. Working on this ARS Progetti pursues the interest of its direct and "indirect" clients and project beneficiaries.
Cultural Relations Platform
JOB / DESCRIPTION DU TRAVAILLE
POSITION:Key Expert 1: Team Leader (maximum 660 person days)
COUNTRY / PAYS: Brussels/Global
STARTING DATE / DATE DE DEMARRAGE: First quarter of 2020
DURATION / DUREE: 36 months from the starting date
GENERAL OBJECTIVE / OBJECTIVE GENERAL: The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is as follows: To foster increased role for culture in EU's external relations through engagement with cultural operators worldwide for better knowledge and understanding of EU's principles and policies.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, APPLICATION SERVICES AND EXPECTED RESULTS / OBJECTIVES PARTICULIERS, SERVICES DEMANDES ET RÉSULTATS A ATTEINDRE:
The purposes of this contract are as follows:
- to organize yearly training programme for cultural leaders and regional ad-hoc trainings of similar nature;
- to provide support/technical assistance on cultural policy in external relations and international cultural cooperation via studies, mappings, trainings on cultural policy, working meetings with representatives of local cultural operators, etc.;
- to support cooperation among cultural and creative sectors via provision of specialised services (participation in book fairs, performing arts markets/ meetings, networking activities, curatorship for events, trainings, organisation of festivals' side events, etc.).
QUALIFICATION: The Team Leader shall manage the Cultural Relations Platform and coordinate the implementation of the project. He/She shall bear the general responsibility for the project, with the obligation of collecting all the required information at the start of each mission and to come with a useful output at its end. Therefore, the Team Leader shall have to demonstrate, throughout his/her proven qualifications, skills and professional experience, excellent interpersonal skills and team oriented work style; ability to dialogue with national authorities and institutional structures (including regional/international organizations), as well as with civil society.
- University degree (Bachelor degree) or Advanced university degree (Master degree) or equivalent in a related discipline such as public relations, cultural management, political sciences, social sciences, arts and culture, communication, international relations, economics, administration, management, or a related discipline relevant for this contract; or professional experience of minimum 20 years in related discipline such as public relations, cultural management, political sciences, social sciences, arts and culture, communication, international relations, economics, administration, management, in addition to the professional experience required below.
General professional experience
- Minimum 5 years of post-graduate professional experience among the following areas: cultural relations, international relations (including the EU), policy making and advice delivery, event management, networking activities, culture/creative sectors.
- Minimum 2 years of post-graduate professional experience in the management of international teams of experts.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum 2 years of post-graduate professional experience in working at international level in the field of Cultural Diplomacy in external relations.
- Minimum 1 year of post-graduate professional experience in working in cultural environment worldwide and with networks of artists and cultural operators, civil society, think-tanks, academia, research institutes and other relevant organizations.
- Participation in at least one project implying knowledge and understanding of Project Cycle Management.
- Participation in at least one project in the field of cultural management training and in connection to international cultural networks.
- Participation in at least one project in the field of European affairs or international affairs.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE / EXPÉRIENCE SPÉCIFIQUE: Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (French would be an asset).
WORK LANGUAGE / LANGUE DE TRAVAIL: English; French
APPLY / POSTULER: Michela Di Nola; Jennifer Gaeta e-mail
DATE LINE / DATE LIMITE: 4/11/2019