A.R.S. PROGETTI’S PERCEPTION
In several areas of Africa, when entering the territory of another tribe, one is required to bear a special "passport mask".
This has a profound meaning: to neutralise one's roots and individuality as a sign of respect to those whose territory is being entered. In this there is an ancient wisdom, the sublimation of humanity's neutral essence.
Quoting Aeschylus Agamemnon "Provided they respect the temples and the Gods of the vanquished, then shall the victors be saved".
ARS Progetti is a consulting firm working all over the world providing services, such as surveys, studies, design and technical assistance, mainly to public committers and for public interests, in fields related with governance and human development, culture and cultural heritage, social and physical infrastructure.
Its overall mission is of a professional nature and consists in finding out, proposing and helping to implement solutions "which work", with reference to complex problems affecting extended social groups, regions, countries, groups of countries. Working on this ARS Progetti pursues the interest of its direct and "indirect" clients and project beneficiaries.
Civil Society Mapping study, roadmap implementation and programming recommendations
JOB / DESCRIPTION DU TRAVAILLE
POSITION:o 1 Team Leader – 35 WDs
o 1 Key Expert 2 – 32 WDs
COUNTRY / PAYS: Bangladesh
STARTING DATE / DATE DE DEMARRAGE: May 2020
DURATION / DUREE: 3 months
GENERAL OBJECTIVE / OBJECTIVE GENERAL: .
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, APPLICATION SERVICES AND EXPECTED RESULTS / OBJECTIVES PARTICULIERS, SERVICES DEMANDES ET RÉSULTATS A ATTEINDRE:
- map out key and accountable civil society organizations and actors
- provide recommendations on how to better engage civil society in policy dialogue and cooperation
QUALIFICATION: • Minimum education requirement equivalent to a master degree in economics, political sciences, sociology
• Excellent knowledge of English
• Working level of knowledge of Bangla is desirable
• Minimum 10 years of experience in the area of governance and human rights, including:
• - experience as Team Leader in at least 3 assignments relevant to the scope of these ToRs, including at least 1 Civil society mapping study
• - recent experience (past 5 years) in the design of civil society support programmes
• Good knowledge of EU policies on civil society in external assistance and development cooperation programmes
• Experience of working in development cooperation programmes
• Experience of working in developing countries
• Professional experience in Bangladesh will be regarded as an asset
KEY EXPERT 2
• University degree or equivalent higher education (at least 3 years of study) in political sciences, sociology or other relevant field
• Excellent knowledge of English
• Excellent knowledge of spoken and written bangla
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the area of governance and human rights
• Sound experience in conducting civil society mapping and civil society assessment studies with at least one assignment carried out in Bangladesh
• Excellent knowledge of the regulatory framework and governance system of Bangladesh related to civil society
• Sound experience of related participatory assessment methods and analytical tools in relevant fields
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience of working with international donors in external assistance programmes
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE / EXPÉRIENCE SPÉCIFIQUE: .
WORK LANGUAGE / LANGUE DE TRAVAIL: English, Bangla
APPLY / POSTULER: Mr Carmine Carissimi e-mail
DATE LINE / DATE LIMITE: 1st November 2019