A.R.S. PROGETTI’S PERCEPTION
In several areas of Africa, when entering the territory of another tribe, one is required to bear a special "passport mask".
This has a profound meaning: to neutralise one's roots and individuality as a sign of respect to those whose territory is being entered. In this there is an ancient wisdom, the sublimation of humanity's neutral essence.
Quoting Aeschylus Agamemnon "Provided they respect the temples and the Gods of the vanquished, then shall the victors be saved".
ARS Progetti is a consulting firm working all over the world providing services, such as surveys, studies, design and technical assistance, mainly to public committers and for public interests, in fields related with governance and human development, culture and cultural heritage, social and physical infrastructure.
Its overall mission is of a professional nature and consists in finding out, proposing and helping to implement solutions "which work", with reference to complex problems affecting extended social groups, regions, countries, groups of countries. Working on this ARS Progetti pursues the interest of its direct and "indirect" clients and project beneficiaries.
Chittagong Hill Tracts mainstreaming: an assessment and way forward
JOB / DESCRIPTION DU TRAVAILLE
POSITION:1 Category I expert (Team Leader, 23 working days), 1 Category II expert (Key Expert, 19 working days)
COUNTRY / PAYS: Bangladesh
Dhaka and Chittagong Hill Tracts
STARTING DATE / DATE DE DEMARRAGE: February 2020
DURATION / DUREE: February 2020 to August 2020
GENERAL OBJECTIVE / OBJECTIVE GENERAL: To provide the relevant services of the European Union with:
• an overall independent assessment of its CHT mainstreaming policy
• key lessons learned, conclusions and related recommendations to improve future actions of EU and its Member States
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, APPLICATION SERVICES AND EXPECTED RESULTS / OBJECTIVES PARTICULIERS, SERVICES DEMANDES ET RÉSULTATS A ATTEINDRE:
• to look for evidence of why, whether or how EU interventions in the CHT [including in three sectors: i) Strengthening Democratic Governance, ii) Food and Nutrition Security and iii) Education and Skills Development and under thematic and geographical instruments] are delivering results and seek to identify the factors driving or hindering progress
• to provide an understanding of the cause and effect links between the 'mainstreaming' policy and outputs, outcomes and impacts
• to do a mapping of EU and EU Member States' interventions in the CHT
• to make recommendations for future CHT support implementation for EU and for its MS, possibly as part of a joint effort
QUALIFICATION: Expert Category I: Team Leader, 23 working days
Education and duration of equivalent experience
- Master's Degree in areas of international development, political science, international relations, public administration, law, human rights or governance or in its absence, equivalent professional experience of at least 15 years in the areas for which the experts are proposed;
- Excellent analytical, conceptualisation and report writing skills;
General Professional experience
- Extensive experience in designing, implementing and monitoring of development cooperation programmes of at least 12 years;
- Working experience in South Asia is desirable; Experience in Bangladesh would be considered an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of English;
- Working experience in reviewing, monitoring and the evaluation of development programmes and modalities (5 years cumulative experience);
- Fully familiar with the EU instruments, procedures, rules and regulations for external actions.
Expert Category II: 19 working days
Education and duration of equivalent experience
- Master's Degree in areas of human rights, political science, international relations, public administration, law or governance or in its absence, equivalent professional experience of at least 10 years in the areas for which the experts are proposed;
- Excellent analytical and conceptualisation skills;
General Professional experience:
- Extensive experience in evaluating, monitoring and designing of development cooperation programmes of at least 6 years;
- Relevant experience in Bangladesh and understanding of the country context;
- Ability to deliver within tight deadlines;
- Very good knowledge of English;
- Knowledge of Bengali language is essential;
- Working experience in reviewing, monitoring, evaluating, identification and formulation of development programmes.
- knowledge and experience of the CHT context would be an asset;
- knowledge of a local CHT language is desirable.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE / EXPÉRIENCE SPÉCIFIQUE:
WORK LANGUAGE / LANGUE DE TRAVAIL: English, Bengali, local CHT language
APPLY / POSTULER: Valérie Broudic e-mail
DATE LINE / DATE LIMITE: 30/10/2019