A.R.S. PROGETTI’S PERCEPTION
In several areas of Africa, when entering the territory of another tribe, one is required to bear a special "passport mask".
This has a profound meaning: to neutralise one's roots and individuality as a sign of respect to those whose territory is being entered. In this there is an ancient wisdom, the sublimation of humanity's neutral essence.
Quoting Aeschylus Agamemnon "Provided they respect the temples and the Gods of the vanquished, then shall the victors be saved".
ARS Progetti is a consulting firm working all over the world providing services, such as surveys, studies, design and technical assistance, mainly to public committers and for public interests, in fields related with governance and human development, culture and cultural heritage, social and physical infrastructure.
Its overall mission is of a professional nature and consists in finding out, proposing and helping to implement solutions "which work", with reference to complex problems affecting extended social groups, regions, countries, groups of countries. Working on this ARS Progetti pursues the interest of its direct and "indirect" clients and project beneficiaries.
Project Cycle Management (PCM) support for social sectors in Libya
JOB / DESCRIPTION DU TRAVAILLE
POSITION:Team Leader category II – 100 working days
COUNTRY / PAYS: Tunisia and Libya
The experts will be based in Tunis, Tunisia; where feasible, 48 working days of presence in Tripoli will be required for the team of experts throughout the assignment. Tunis will be the main location of the assignment (no per diems foreseen); per diems are foreseen for the periods in Tripoli.
STARTING DATE / DATE DE DEMARRAGE: Mid-November 2019.
DURATION / DUREE: The total number of days for the team leader is: 100 working days, to be delivered in intermittent periods. Expected end of the assignment is 31 July 2020.
GENERAL OBJECTIVE / OBJECTIVE GENERAL: The Global Objective of the assignment is to support the development of meaningful, relevant and efficient programmes in the social sectors in Libya.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, APPLICATION SERVICES AND EXPECTED RESULTS / OBJECTIVES PARTICULIERS, SERVICES DEMANDES ET RÉSULTATS A ATTEINDRE:
The specific objectives are to
• Conduct mid-term, final and/or ex-post evaluation of European funded cooperation programmes in the social sectors in Libya;
• Support identification and formulation of incoming social sector programmes in Libya, based on the specific requirements of the EU programming cycle;
• Undertake relevant studies in the areas of health, education, social inclusion and protection, youth and culture in Libya, on a demand-driven basis as per the requirements identified by the EU Delegation to Libya.
All the above assignments are expected to duly take into consideration EC cross-cutting objectives such as environment and climate change, rights-based approaches and inclusivity (including mainstreaming of gender equality, the integration of people living with disability and indigenous peoples).
QUALIFICATION: - Category and duration of equivalent experience
At least 6 years professional experience in programming, implementation and/or evaluation of international assistance programmes in the areas of health and/or education and/or social inclusion, preferably in a post-crisis/post-conflict context;
Master's degree, preferably in (Public) Health, Education, Social Affairs or equivalent. In the absence of Master’s degree, at least 3 years of experience in addition to the 6 years requested above;
- Specific Experience
• Demonstrable hands-on experience in programming and implementation of cooperation programmes;
• Demonstrable experience in conducting (strategic) evaluations;
• Proven experience in the implementation of health-sector programmes, preferably in post-conflict or post-crisis countries;
• Proven affinity with nexus approaches;
• Proven previous experience in the areas of social inclusion and protection shall constitute a clear advantage;
• Demonstrable previous experience of mainstreaming needs of people living with disability shall be considered an advantage;
• Proven affinity with gender and youth mainstreaming;
• Proven knowledge of EU financing instruments and procedures, preferably of the European Neighbourhood Instrument;
• Specific experience working in a post-conflict/post-crisis context will be a significant asset.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE / EXPÉRIENCE SPÉCIFIQUE: - Soft Skills
• Strong organisational skills;
• Highly developed analytical skills and ability to provide clear and objective advice and recommendations;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills (in English);
• Ability to work harmoniously in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural environment.
- Language skills
• Fluency in written and spoken English (at least level C2);
• Working knowledge of Arabic shall be considered a strong advantage
WORK LANGUAGE / LANGUE DE TRAVAIL: • Fluency in written and spoken English (at least level C2); • Working knowledge of Arabic shall be considered a strong advantage
APPLY / POSTULER: Valérie BROUDIC e-mail
DATE LINE / DATE LIMITE: 26/09/19 @ 16:00 ( Rome Time zone)