A.R.S. PROGETTI’S PERCEPTION
In several areas of Africa, when entering the territory of another tribe, one is required to bear a special "passport mask".
This has a profound meaning: to neutralise one's roots and individuality as a sign of respect to those whose territory is being entered. In this there is an ancient wisdom, the sublimation of humanity's neutral essence.
Quoting Aeschylus Agamemnon "Provided they respect the temples and the Gods of the vanquished, then shall the victors be saved".
ARS Progetti is a consulting firm working all over the world providing services, such as surveys, studies, design and technical assistance, mainly to public committers and for public interests, in fields related with governance and human development, culture and cultural heritage, social and physical infrastructure.
Its overall mission is of a professional nature and consists in finding out, proposing and helping to implement solutions "which work", with reference to complex problems affecting extended social groups, regions, countries, groups of countries. Working on this ARS Progetti pursues the interest of its direct and "indirect" clients and project beneficiaries.
Needs assessment to improve the system and institutional mechanism for delivery of administrative services in Belarus
JOB / DESCRIPTION DU TRAVAILLE
POSITION:Team Leader (cat I)-Expert on Public Service Reform
COUNTRY / PAYS: Belarus
The location of the assignment will be Minsk (Belarus) with occasional travel to other parts of Belarus.
STARTING DATE / DATE DE DEMARRAGE: 01/07/2019
DURATION / DUREE: 90 WORKING DAYS
GENERAL OBJECTIVE / OBJECTIVE GENERAL: The Global objective of this assignment is to support the EU Delegation and the Government of Belarus, namely the Ministry of Justice, in the preparation of the needs assessment and subsequent action plan to reform the provision of administrative services in Belarus. The results of this study will be followed up in "EU – Belarus Rule of Law programme - Improving the National Mechanisms in the view of achievement of the SDGs in legal sphere in Belarus"1, which is currently being drafted and foreseen to start in 2020.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, APPLICATION SERVICES AND EXPECTED RESULTS / OBJECTIVES PARTICULIERS, SERVICES DEMANDES ET RÉSULTATS A ATTEINDRE:
The specific objective of this assignment is to prepare a needs assessment which
- advices on different models for providing administrative procedures
- recommends on the options to simplify the current provision of administrative procedures and advices on the development of regulations (passports) for the provision of administrative procedures
- advices on different models to informatize the provision of administrative procedures
- supports the creation of 2-3 pilot centers and advices arranging their work
- presents a detailed Action Plan about the next steps in reforming the provision of administrative services for citizen
Where possible, the above-mentioned needs assessment will promote cross-cutting objectives of the EU: environment and climate change, rights based approach, persons with disability, indigenous peoples and gender equality.
QUALIFICATION: Qualifications and skills:
- Education at least Master's Degree preferably in the field of Public Administration or related, or in its absence at least three additional years of general professional experience in the sector.
General professional experience:
- At least 12 years' experience in the field of public administration reform and organisational development of public institutions.
Specific working experience:
- Must have experience in reforming/redefining the system of public service delivery
- Experience from EU countries, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Ukraine, Kazakhstan or Uzbekistan in the sphere of public service delivery would be an asset
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE / EXPÉRIENCE SPÉCIFIQUE: .
WORK LANGUAGE / LANGUE DE TRAVAIL: English (spoken) and Russian (spoken)
APPLY / POSTULER: Semira Mihreteab T. e-mail
DATE LINE / DATE LIMITE: 03/06/2019 @14:00 PM Rome time