A.R.S. PROGETTI’S PERCEPTION
In several areas of Africa, when entering the territory of another tribe, one is required to bear a special "passport mask".
This has a profound meaning: to neutralise one's roots and individuality as a sign of respect to those whose territory is being entered. In this there is an ancient wisdom, the sublimation of humanity's neutral essence.
Quoting Aeschylus Agamemnon "Provided they respect the temples and the Gods of the vanquished, then shall the victors be saved".
ARS Progetti is a consulting firm working all over the world providing services, such as surveys, studies, design and technical assistance, mainly to public committers and for public interests, in fields related with governance and human development, culture and cultural heritage, social and physical infrastructure.
Its overall mission is of a professional nature and consists in finding out, proposing and helping to implement solutions "which work", with reference to complex problems affecting extended social groups, regions, countries, groups of countries. Working on this ARS Progetti pursues the interest of its direct and "indirect" clients and project beneficiaries.
Ex-post Evaluation of Citizens Justice and Peace Programme in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
JOB / DESCRIPTION DU TRAVAILLE
POSITION:Team Leader Cat I > Evaluation Expert “Justice and security reform"
COUNTRY / PAYS: Pakistan
Islamabad with extensive presence in the capital of KP (Peshawar) and field visits to Malakand Division.
STARTING DATE / DATE DE DEMARRAGE: 01/08/2019
DURATION / DUREE: 45 working days. Maximum duration of the assignment: 360 calendar days
GENERAL OBJECTIVE / OBJECTIVE GENERAL: Title of the Actions to be evaluated:
1. Strengthening Rule of Law Programme for Citizens’ Justice and Peace in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
2. Technical assistance to implement the Citizens Justice and Peace Programme in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, APPLICATION SERVICES AND EXPECTED RESULTS / OBJECTIVES PARTICULIERS, SERVICES DEMANDES ET RÉSULTATS A ATTEINDRE:
Objective of the evaluation
The objective of the evaluation is to provide comprehensive information to allow the European Commission to make an accurate assessment of the immediate and long-term impact of the EU funded interventions in Rule of Law in KP. The EU is currently in the process of preparing a new intervention under the AAP 2019/1 and envisages continuing and upscaling successful components the program.
The main objectives of this evaluation are to provide the relevant services of the European Union, the interested stakeholders with:
• an overall independent assessment of the past performance of the Citizens Justice and Peace Programme in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, paying particular attention to its results measured against its expected objectives; and the reasons underpinning such results;
• key lessons learned, conclusions and related recommendations in order to improve current and future Actions.
In particular, this evaluation will serve to help the Delegation of the European Union to Pakistan to evaluate the achieved results as well as the sustainability and challenges of technical assistance in capacity building and modernization of justice actors, i.e. through case flow management and digitalization as well as access to justice for Pakistani citizens through different information and assistance channels such as paralegal and legal aid programs and draw key lessons for the implementation of the future programme 2019-2022.
QUALIFICATION: - Master’s Degree in law, political science or any relevant disciplines and at least five years professional working experience in justice or security sector reform,
- Fluency in English, computer literacy, excellent report writing skills, good communication, adaptability and social awareness.
- At least 12 years of relevant professional experience in an international development role in justice or security sector and police reform programs
- At least 10 years solid and diversified experience of working in project and programme evaluation and should be well versed in evaluation methods and techniques.
- Specific working experience in evaluation of justice and security sector reform projects would be an advantage;
- At least 5 years' experience in working in Asia, preferably in South East Asia
- Experience of evaluating at least 5 EU funded projects
- Strong communication skills and proven record of multi-stakeholder consultations and cooperation with donors, international organisations, public administrations and civil society in the sector.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE / EXPÉRIENCE SPÉCIFIQUE: .
WORK LANGUAGE / LANGUE DE TRAVAIL: English
APPLY / POSTULER: Semira Mihreteab T. e-mail
DATE LINE / DATE LIMITE: 06.06.2019 @12.00 PM Rome time