A.R.S. PROGETTI’S PERCEPTION
In several areas of Africa, when entering the territory of another tribe, one is required to bear a special "passport mask".
This has a profound meaning: to neutralise one's roots and individuality as a sign of respect to those whose territory is being entered. In this there is an ancient wisdom, the sublimation of humanity's neutral essence.
Quoting Aeschylus Agamemnon "Provided they respect the temples and the Gods of the vanquished, then shall the victors be saved".
ARS Progetti is a consulting firm working all over the world providing services, such as surveys, studies, design and technical assistance, mainly to public committers and for public interests, in fields related with governance and human development, culture and cultural heritage, social and physical infrastructure.
Its overall mission is of a professional nature and consists in finding out, proposing and helping to implement solutions "which work", with reference to complex problems affecting extended social groups, regions, countries, groups of countries. Working on this ARS Progetti pursues the interest of its direct and "indirect" clients and project beneficiaries.
FWC technical assistance to the National Legal Aid Service of the Department of Justice of Kenya to start up the Programme for Legal Empowerment and Aid Delivery (PLEAD) implementation
JOB / DESCRIPTION DU TRAVAILLE
POSITION:1 Expert - Category I
1 Expert - Category II
COUNTRY / PAYS: Kenya
STARTING DATE / DATE DE DEMARRAGE: 10.06.20191
DURATION / DUREE: Duration
Expert 1: approximately 9 months from the start of the assignment
Expert 2: approximately 3 months from the start of the assignment
GENERAL OBJECTIVE / OBJECTIVE GENERAL: The global objective of this contract is to support the DoJ in the implementation of the newly adopted Legal Aid Act and to support the overall coordination of and collaboration between actors in the PLEAD programme.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, APPLICATION SERVICES AND EXPECTED RESULTS / OBJECTIVES PARTICULIERS, SERVICES DEMANDES ET RÉSULTATS A ATTEINDRE:
The 2 short term experts part of this FWC tender will
(a) facilitate the finalisation of the formulation and subsequently the implementation of the direct decentralised operations component (i.e. the programme estimates) of outcome 1 of PLEAD and contribute to the overall integration of this component in the PLEAD programme (expert 1).
(b) prepare the baseline and monitoring framework for the National Legal Aid Service component of the Programme (expert 2)
QUALIFICATION: Expert 1
Number of man-days: 171
- Category I: At least 12 years’ experience in the sector(s) related to Lot 3
- Education: University level education: Master's degree OR -in absence of a master's degree- a Bachelor degree plus at least two years of professional experience in the sector(s) related to Lot 3 in addition to the required general professional experience described above will be accepted.
· A minimum of 5 years work experience in international development cooperation
· A minimum of 3 years working experience in supporting the Justice Public Administration in a senior or advisory capacity
· A minimum of 2 years working experience with Legal Aid policy and/or provision.
· A minimum of 3 different working experiences in drafting or implementing Programme Estimates, of which at least one experience supporting the day to day implementation of a Programme Estimate (for example being a programme Imprest Administrator or supporting the Imprest Administrator)
· Knowledge of the Kenyan "access to justice" context would be an added advantage
- Language skills: Fluency in English.
- Category II: At least 6 years' experience in the sector(s) related to Lot 3
- Education: University level education: Master's degree OR -in absence of a master's degree- a Bachelor degree plus at least two years of professional experience in the sector(s) related to Lot 3 in addition to the required general professional experience described above will be accepted
· A minimum of 4 years work experience in international development cooperation
· A minimum of 3 years working experience in monitoring and/or evaluation of international development assistance programmes.
· A minimum of 2 years working experience in managing or implementing international rule of law projects.
· Having drafted at least 3 baseline studies for development cooperation programmes
· Knowledge of the Kenyan "justice sector" context would be an added advantage
- Language skills: Fluency in English.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE / EXPÉRIENCE SPÉCIFIQUE: "Please note the following important message:
The number of years of professional experience of the team members will be calculated by cumulating the actual working days performed in each assignment. 220 working days will be equivalent to 1 recognised year of experience. For this purpose, the tenderers are requested to provide in the experts' CV the actual number of working days (man-days) for each assignment, specifying the breakdown between different positions when relevant (e.g. team leader / expert)."
WORK LANGUAGE / LANGUE DE TRAVAIL: English
APPLY / POSTULER: Mr Carmine Carissimi e-mail
DATE LINE / DATE LIMITE: 06.05.2019 - 10.00 CET