A.R.S. PROGETTI’S PERCEPTION
In several areas of Africa, when entering the territory of another tribe, one is required to bear a special "passport mask".
This has a profound meaning: to neutralise one's roots and individuality as a sign of respect to those whose territory is being entered. In this there is an ancient wisdom, the sublimation of humanity's neutral essence.
Quoting Aeschylus Agamemnon "Provided they respect the temples and the Gods of the vanquished, then shall the victors be saved".
ARS Progetti is a consulting firm working all over the world providing services, such as surveys, studies, design and technical assistance, mainly to public committers and for public interests, in fields related with governance and human development, culture and cultural heritage, social and physical infrastructure.
Its overall mission is of a professional nature and consists in finding out, proposing and helping to implement solutions "which work", with reference to complex problems affecting extended social groups, regions, countries, groups of countries. Working on this ARS Progetti pursues the interest of its direct and "indirect" clients and project beneficiaries.
Support to the Justice Sector Reform Process
JOB / DESCRIPTION DU TRAVAILLE
POSITION:Team Leader/Expert in Judicial Capacity Building – Category I
COUNTRY / PAYS: Republic of North Macedonia
The location of the assignment shall be in Skopje. However, the experts will be required to travel throughout the Beneficiary Country for different project purposes.
100% of the Consultant’s activities should be implemented in the Beneficiary country.
STARTING DATE / DATE DE DEMARRAGE: 01/06/2019
DURATION / DUREE: 18 month
GENERAL OBJECTIVE / OBJECTIVE GENERAL: The overall objective of the project is to support the implementation of the Strategy for Reform of the Judiciary Sector and Action plan regarding the independence, efficiency and quality of the work of judges and prosecutors, as well as improving the administration of justice and strengthening the capacities of all justice sector stakeholders
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, APPLICATION SERVICES AND EXPECTED RESULTS / OBJECTIVES PARTICULIERS, SERVICES DEMANDES ET RÉSULTATS A ATTEINDRE:
The purposes of this contract are as follows:
Improvement of the independence, accountability, efficiency and competence of the judiciary and prosecution;
Strengthening the capacities of the relevant justice sector stakeholders, with special focus on the Judicial Council, Council of Public Prosecutors, Academy for Judges and Public Prosecutors, Supreme Court, Public Prosecution Office and Ministry of Justice;
Implementation of the ICT in the judiciary sector.
QUALIFICATION: Qualifications and skills:
• At least Master degree in law or equivalent 5 years of general professional experience above the minimum general professional experience requested below.
General professional experience
• At least 12 (twelve) years of general professional experience as legal practitioner, such as a judge, prosecutor, attorney and/or legal advisor in justice sector.
Specific professional experience
• At least five (5) years of working experience in management and/or implementation of judicial reforms;
• Experience as Team Leader or Key Expert in at least one EU funded project for reform of judiciary and/or performance management of judiciary and/or courts and/or prosecution systems;
• Experience as a trainer of judicial professional
• Previous working experience in North Macedonia or knowledge of the national legal system will be considered as an asset.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE / EXPÉRIENCE SPÉCIFIQUE: .
WORK LANGUAGE / LANGUE DE TRAVAIL: English
APPLY / POSTULER: Semira Mihreteab T. and Cecilia Campana e-mail
DATE LINE / DATE LIMITE: 15/04/2019