A.R.S. PROGETTI’S PERCEPTION
In several areas of Africa, when entering the territory of another tribe, one is required to bear a special "passport mask".
This has a profound meaning: to neutralise one's roots and individuality as a sign of respect to those whose territory is being entered. In this there is an ancient wisdom, the sublimation of humanity's neutral essence.
Quoting Aeschylus Agamemnon "Provided they respect the temples and the Gods of the vanquished, then shall the victors be saved".
ARS Progetti is a consulting firm working all over the world providing services, such as surveys, studies, design and technical assistance, mainly to public committers and for public interests, in fields related with governance and human development, culture and cultural heritage, social and physical infrastructure.
Its overall mission is of a professional nature and consists in finding out, proposing and helping to implement solutions "which work", with reference to complex problems affecting extended social groups, regions, countries, groups of countries. Working on this ARS Progetti pursues the interest of its direct and "indirect" clients and project beneficiaries.
Final Evaluation of the Support to the Reintegration of Returnees and to the Management of Labour Migration in Ethiopia (SRRMLME) Programme
JOB / DESCRIPTION DU TRAVAILLE
POSITION:Team Leader: Project/Programme Evaluator and Migration Specialist
COUNTRY / PAYS: Ethiopia
The assignment will take place in the four regions and the two administrative cities where the project has been implemented. The field phase in each region will start with meetings at MoLSA (located in Addis Ababa) and BoLSAs (located in the capital cities of each region). In addition to the BoLSAs and when possible, the experts will select one zone per region where both components are implemented (reintegration and labour migration).
STARTING DATE / DATE DE DEMARRAGE: 1 April 2019
DURATION / DUREE: 90 calendar days
GENERAL OBJECTIVE / OBJECTIVE GENERAL: Title of the Actions to be evaluated: Support to the Reintegration of Returnees and to the Management of Labour Migration in Ethiopia (SRRMLME) Programme:
a) Support to the Reintegration of Returnees in Ethiopia, implemented by ILO; and,
b) Support to the Management of Labour Migration in Ethiopia (SMLME), implemented by the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (MoLSA) with the National Authorizing Office (NAO) as Contracting Authority
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, APPLICATION SERVICES AND EXPECTED RESULTS / OBJECTIVES PARTICULIERS, SERVICES DEMANDES ET RÉSULTATS A ATTEINDRE:
QUALIFICATION: Minimum requirements of the team
• Both experts must have at least a Bachelor's University Degree or equivalent Higher Education Diploma;
• At least one member shall possess a minimum 8 years of proven experience in the evaluation of international projects, including experience leading international evaluations;
• Both experts shall possess at least 5 years of proven experience in the field of migration. The experts must have some relevant knowledge in most of the following fields: management of labour migration, links between migration and development, prevention and control of irregular migration, fight against the smuggling of and trafficking in human beings, readmission or irregular migrants, and support to the improvement of reception conditions and sustainable local reintegration;
• Both experts shall possess proven knowledge of different evaluations approaches, and qualitative and quantitative methods;
• At least one expert shall have a minimum of 3 years work experience with EU funded international projects, including programme estimates;
• At least one expert shall have a minimum of 3 years proven experience working with government federal and regional officials;
• Both experts must have some relevant knowledge of the general situation in the following regions as regards migration: Horn of Africa, Middle East and Gulf Estates;
• Both experts must have excellent communication and drafting skills.
Language skills of the team:
• English: both members shall possess an excellent command of English, both written and spoken;
• Amharic: at least one member shall possess an excellent command of Amharic. Knowledge of other local languages spoken in the areas of the evaluation is an asset
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE / EXPÉRIENCE SPÉCIFIQUE: .
WORK LANGUAGE / LANGUE DE TRAVAIL: English and Amharic
APPLY / POSTULER: Ms Semira Tesfamicael e-mail
DATE LINE / DATE LIMITE: Thursday 7th March (12.00 CET)