A.R.S. PROGETTI’S PERCEPTION
In several areas of Africa, when entering the territory of another tribe, one is required to bear a special "passport mask".
This has a profound meaning: to neutralise one's roots and individuality as a sign of respect to those whose territory is being entered. In this there is an ancient wisdom, the sublimation of humanity's neutral essence.
Quoting Aeschylus Agamemnon "Provided they respect the temples and the Gods of the vanquished, then shall the victors be saved".
ARS Progetti is a consulting firm working all over the world providing services, such as surveys, studies, design and technical assistance, mainly to public committers and for public interests, in fields related with governance and human development, culture and cultural heritage, social and physical infrastructure.
Its overall mission is of a professional nature and consists in finding out, proposing and helping to implement solutions "which work", with reference to complex problems affecting extended social groups, regions, countries, groups of countries. Working on this ARS Progetti pursues the interest of its direct and "indirect" clients and project beneficiaries.
Ex-Post Evaluation Critical Maritime Routes Law Enforcement Agencies (CRIMLEA) Programme in the Eastern, Southern Africa and Indian Ocean Region - Phases 1 and 2
JOB / DESCRIPTION DU TRAVAILLE
POSITION:Team Leader - cat. I (31 w/d)Key Expert 2 - cat. I (28 w/d)
COUNTRY / PAYS: Belgium and Zambia
Brussels and Lusake , plus field mission in other countries interested by the Programme
STARTING DATE / DATE DE DEMARRAGE: 14/01/2019
DURATION / DUREE: 60 calendar days
GENERAL OBJECTIVE / OBJECTIVE GENERAL: • an overall independent assessment of the past performance of the CRIMLEA programme
(phases 1 and 2), paying particular attention to its results measured against its expected
objectives; and the reasons underpinning such results;
• key lessons learned, conclusions and related recommendations in order to improve current and future Action, and;
• key insights and concrete recommendations in terms of geographic scope, methodological approaches and support activities to feed into the design of a third phase which is envisaged during the first half of 2019 under the 11th EDF cross-regional envelope for maritime security in the EA-SA-IO region (available resources: five million EUR).
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, APPLICATION SERVICES AND EXPECTED RESULTS / OBJECTIVES PARTICULIERS, SERVICES DEMANDES ET RÉSULTATS A ATTEINDRE:
QUALIFICATION: Minimum requirements of the team (two Cat. I experts):
• Both Team Members (the Team Leader and the other Cat. I expert) need to have a
university degree (master’s level) in a relevant educational field (such as
economics/business, political sciences, sociology, laws or similar fields) or, in its absence,
an equivalent professional experience of at least six (6) years (per expert) above the
general professional experience required below;
• Both Team Members shall a minimum general professional experience of 12 years in the
thematic areas covered by the Lot of this request for services (Lot 3 – Human rights,
Democracy and Peace);
• The Team shall have a minimum cumulative professional experience of 12 years in
evaluation of donor-funded programmes;
• The Team shall have a minimum cumulative professional experience of at least 5 years in
managing evaluations as Team Leader;
• The Team shall demonstrate a minimum 6 years of cumulative professional experience in
designing, monitoring or evaluating programmes in the fields of maritime security,
organized crimes, illicit trafficking, money laundering, terrorism or other related peace and
The Team shall demonstrate a relevant (related to the thematic areas of the Lot) working
experience in the Eastern African/Horn of Africa and Indian Ocean region;
• At least one member of the team has professional experience in the field of capacity
development/institutional capacity building with law enforcement agencies.
Additional requirements of the team:
• At least one member of the Team shall have professional experience in evaluating EUfunded
• At least one member of the Team shall have professional experience in designing
(identification/formulation) of EU developments programmes.
• The Team must display good communication (written and oral), networking, computer
(Microsoft offices usual software (Word, Excel, MS-Project, Power Point) or equivalent)
and reporting skills.
Language skills of the team:
• The two Members of the Team shall possess a level B2 (minimum)expertise in English;
• At least one member shall possess a level B2 expertise in French.
Languages levels are defined for understanding, speaking and writing skills by the Common
European Framework of Reference for Languages available at
https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/resources/european-language-levels-cefr and shall be
demonstrated by certificates or by past relevant experience.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE / EXPÉRIENCE SPÉCIFIQUE:
WORK LANGUAGE / LANGUE DE TRAVAIL: English
APPLY / POSTULER: Ilaria Fanuntza e-mail
DATE LINE / DATE LIMITE: 29/11/2018