A.R.S. PROGETTI’S PERCEPTION
In several areas of Africa, when entering the territory of another tribe, one is required to bear a special "passport mask".
This has a profound meaning: to neutralise one's roots and individuality as a sign of respect to those whose territory is being entered. In this there is an ancient wisdom, the sublimation of humanity's neutral essence.
Quoting Aeschylus Agamemnon "Provided they respect the temples and the Gods of the vanquished, then shall the victors be saved".
ARS Progetti is a consulting firm working all over the world providing services, such as surveys, studies, design and technical assistance, mainly to public committers and for public interests, in fields related with governance and human development, culture and cultural heritage, social and physical infrastructure.
Its overall mission is of a professional nature and consists in finding out, proposing and helping to implement solutions "which work", with reference to complex problems affecting extended social groups, regions, countries, groups of countries. Working on this ARS Progetti pursues the interest of its direct and "indirect" clients and project beneficiaries.
Final /Ex-post Evaluation for the Policy Planning and Governance Project
JOB / DESCRIPTION DU TRAVAILLE
POSITION:Cat II - Evaluation Expert/public administration /development of public insititutions/Governance
COUNTRY / PAYS: Lebanon
STARTING DATE / DATE DE DEMARRAGE: 15/04/2019
DURATION / DUREE: 180 days
GENERAL OBJECTIVE / OBJECTIVE GENERAL: Objective of the evaluation:
Systematic and timely evaluation of its programmes and activities is an established priority of the European Commission . The focus of evaluations is on the assessment of achievements, the quality and the results of Actions in the context of an evolving cooperation policy with an increasing emphasis on result-oriented approaches and the contribution towards the implementation of the SDGs.
From this perspective, evaluations should look for evidence of why, whether or how these results are linked to the EU intervention and seek to identify the factors driving or hindering progress.
Evaluations should provide an understanding of the cause and effect links between: inputs and activities, and outputs, outcomes and impacts. Evaluations should serve accountability, decision making, learning and management purposes.
The main objectives of this evaluation are to provide the relevant services of the European Union, the interested stakeholders with:
• an overall independent assessment of the past performance of the Policy Planning and Governance decision and all its component, paying particular attention to its results measured against its expected objectives; and the reasons underpinning such results;
• key lessons learned, conclusions and related recommendations in order to improve current and future Actions.
In particular, this evaluation will serve or to understand the performance of the Action, its enabling factors and those hampering a proper delivery of results as to inform the planning of the future EU interventions and Actions in the sector of governance.
The main users of this evaluation will be the EU delegation to Lebanon, the office of Minister of State for administrative reform and the involved ministries might as well use it.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, APPLICATION SERVICES AND EXPECTED RESULTS / OBJECTIVES PARTICULIERS, SERVICES DEMANDES ET RÉSULTATS A ATTEINDRE:
Scope of the evaluation:
The evaluation will assess the Action using the five standard DAC evaluation criteria, namely: relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, sustainability and impact. In addition, the evaluation will assess two EU specific evaluation criteria:
• the EU added value (the extent to which the Action brings additional benefits to what would have resulted from Member States' interventions only);
• the coherence of the Action itself, with the EU strategy in Lebanon and with other EU policies and Member State Actions, and other donors such as UNDP.
The evaluation team shall furthermore consider whether gender, environment and climate change were mainstreamed; the relevant SDGs and their interlinkages were identified; the principle of Leave No-One Behind and the rights-based approach methodology was followed in the identification/formulation documents and the extent to which they have been reflected in the implementation of the Action, its governance and monitoring.
QUALIFICATION: TWO EXPERTS of CAT II:
Al least a BS Degree in the field of economics, business administration, public administration or any other relevant discipline or equivalent professional years of experience in the field (minimum 3 additional years to the number of years of experience requested below).
THE WHOLE TEAM SHOULD HAVE:
• The team shall have a cumulative experience of minimum of 15 years professional experience in development cooperation;
• The team shall have a cumulative experience of minimum of 15 years professional experience in the analysis, evaluation or management of projects in support to governance and state reform
• The team must have at least three work experience in the good governance reform issues in relation to public administration, procurement, human resources, strategic planning, and simplifications of procedures and other related fields.
• The team shall have a cumulative experience of at least 5 years of experience in the areas related to Lot 3- Human Rights, Democracy and Peace area 1.2 c) Public Administration reform and organizational development of public institutions.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE / EXPÉRIENCE SPÉCIFIQUE: .
WORK LANGUAGE / LANGUE DE TRAVAIL: English/Arabic
APPLY / POSTULER: Semira Mihreteab T. e-mail
DATE LINE / DATE LIMITE: 02/12/2018