A.R.S. PROGETTI’S PERCEPTION
In several areas of Africa, when entering the territory of another tribe, one is required to bear a special "passport mask".
This has a profound meaning: to neutralise one's roots and individuality as a sign of respect to those whose territory is being entered. In this there is an ancient wisdom, the sublimation of humanity's neutral essence.
Quoting Aeschylus Agamemnon "Provided they respect the temples and the Gods of the vanquished, then shall the victors be saved".
ARS Progetti is a consulting firm working all over the world providing services, such as surveys, studies, design and technical assistance, mainly to public committers and for public interests, in fields related with governance and human development, culture and cultural heritage, social and physical infrastructure.
Its overall mission is of a professional nature and consists in finding out, proposing and helping to implement solutions "which work", with reference to complex problems affecting extended social groups, regions, countries, groups of countries. Working on this ARS Progetti pursues the interest of its direct and "indirect" clients and project beneficiaries.
Ex-post evaluation of IfS/IcSP projects in Kashmir
JOB / DESCRIPTION DU TRAVAILLE
COUNTRY / PAYS: India
STARTING DATE / DATE DE DEMARRAGE: 30.07-2018
DURATION / DUREE: 30 Working days
GENERAL OBJECTIVE / OBJECTIVE GENERAL: The main objective of this Action is to provide the relevant services of the European Union and the
interested stakeholders with:
• an overall independent assessment of the past performance of the following actions:
- Peacebuilding in Kashmir (IfS-RRM/2013/311-903);
- Building Confidence and Capacities for conflict transformation processes in Kashmir (IcSP/2015/363-
- Building Confidence and Capacities for conflict transformation processes in Kashmir – Phase II
paying particular attention to their results measured against their objectives; and
• key lessons learnt on the basis of this independent assessment
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, APPLICATION SERVICES AND EXPECTED RESULTS / OBJECTIVES PARTICULIERS, SERVICES DEMANDES ET RÉSULTATS A ATTEINDRE:
In particular, this ex-post evaluation will serve to understand the performance of the above-mentioned
actions, their enabling factors and those hampering a proper delivery of results in order to understand the
relevance, impact, and the added value of the implemented IfS/IcSP interventions and actions targeting the
region of Kashmir.
QUALIFICATION: Profile per expert or expertise required:
Qualifications and skills:
At least Master's Degree in Political Sciences, International Relations, Conflict Studies, Social sciences,
Law, or other relevant field related to this assignment; or Bachelor's Degree and five (5) years of full-time
proven relevant professional experience additional to the requested general professional experience.
General professional experience:
At least 12 years of professional experience on management and/or evaluation of projects in the fields of
peacebuilding, crisis management, and/or civil society engagement.
Specific professional experience:
- At least five (5) relevant successful project evaluation assignments conducted during the last five (5)
years, preferably in a conflict or conflict-prone context, in the field of peace processes, dialogue
facilitation, working with marginalized communities, political affairs, and/or engagement with the civil
- Experience in liaising with different political stakeholders (Government officials, civil society activists)
in previous assignments;
- Proven skills in the field of political analysis;
The following knowledge and experience will be considered an asset:
- Previous experience evaluation of EU, in particular of IfS or IcSP funded programmes or interventions;
- Previous experience working in India and/or Pakistan, particularly on projects related to peacebuilding,
crisis management, and/or civil society engagement.
- Excellent speaking, drafting and editing skills in English;
- Knowledge of Hindi and/or Kashmiri would be considered an asset.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE / EXPÉRIENCE SPÉCIFIQUE: .
WORK LANGUAGE / LANGUE DE TRAVAIL: English
APPLY / POSTULER: Rossella Russo e-mail
DATE LINE / DATE LIMITE: 04.07.2018