A.R.S. PROGETTI’S PERCEPTION
In several areas of Africa, when entering the territory of another tribe, one is required to bear a special "passport mask".
This has a profound meaning: to neutralise one's roots and individuality as a sign of respect to those whose territory is being entered. In this there is an ancient wisdom, the sublimation of humanity's neutral essence.
Quoting Aeschylus Agamemnon "Provided they respect the temples and the Gods of the vanquished, then shall the victors be saved".
ARS Progetti is a consulting firm working all over the world providing services, such as surveys, studies, design and technical assistance, mainly to public committers and for public interests, in fields related with governance and human development, culture and cultural heritage, social and physical infrastructure.
Its overall mission is of a professional nature and consists in finding out, proposing and helping to implement solutions "which work", with reference to complex problems affecting extended social groups, regions, countries, groups of countries. Working on this ARS Progetti pursues the interest of its direct and "indirect" clients and project beneficiaries.
Technical Co-operation Facility – National Accounts Audits Expert
JOB / DESCRIPTION DU TRAVAILLE
POSITION:Cat I – Senior Adviser to the Auditor General
COUNTRY / PAYS: Solomon Islands
STARTING DATE / DATE DE DEMARRAGE: 01.03.2018
DURATION / DUREE: 2 years - 80 WDs
GENERAL OBJECTIVE / OBJECTIVE GENERAL: Deadline: 10/01/2018, h 10:00
E-Mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, APPLICATION SERVICES AND EXPECTED RESULTS / OBJECTIVES PARTICULIERS, SERVICES DEMANDES ET RÉSULTATS A ATTEINDRE:
QUALIFICATION: • Post graduate degree in accounting or a comparable academic qualification on Financial Audit with comparable professional experience;
• Charted Accountant (CA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) qualification;
• University Degree in Public Finance Management, Economics, or alike.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE / EXPÉRIENCE SPÉCIFIQUE: • At least 12 years’ professional experience in Audit of Public Finances;
• At least 3 years working with the Pacific Islands region on Public Finance and Audit;
• Proven experience working with Government line ministries in financial management;
• Professional technical skills, team management and communication;
• Capacity to identify training needs, to organize specific trainings and to carry out training on the job;
• Proven experience of working in a team demonstrating professional facilitation, mentoring and advising skills;
• Ability to establish and maintain professional working relations with local authorities and partners;
• Familiar with Team-Mate audit software;
• Professional skills with Auditing, International Public Sector Accountability Standards (IPSAS) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) standards
• Excellent in spoken and written English is essential
LOCATION and DURATION
- Indicative starting period of the assignment is March 2018
- Duration: 2 years
- Total working days: 80
- The total input days requested is 10 days in each of the annual peak periods, i.e. in March (quality review), end of June/July (national audits) and October/November (review national audits) during two years. Hence, 2*3*10=60 days. In addition, short visits can take place of at most 20 days in total.
WORK LANGUAGE / LANGUE DE TRAVAIL: English
APPLY / POSTULER: Mr Carmine Carissimi e-mail
DATE LINE / DATE LIMITE: 10.01.2018