A.R.S. PROGETTI’S PERCEPTION
In several areas of Africa, when entering the territory of another tribe, one is required to bear a special "passport mask".
This has a profound meaning: to neutralise one's roots and individuality as a sign of respect to those whose territory is being entered. In this there is an ancient wisdom, the sublimation of humanity's neutral essence.
Quoting Aeschylus Agamemnon "Provided they respect the temples and the Gods of the vanquished, then shall the victors be saved".
ARS Progetti is a consulting firm working all over the world providing services, such as surveys, studies, design and technical assistance, mainly to public committers and for public interests, in fields related with governance and human development, culture and cultural heritage, social and physical infrastructure.
Its overall mission is of a professional nature and consists in finding out, proposing and helping to implement solutions "which work", with reference to complex problems affecting extended social groups, regions, countries, groups of countries. Working on this ARS Progetti pursues the interest of its direct and "indirect" clients and project beneficiaries.
EU- WATER Sector Technical Assistance and Reforms Support (EU-Water STARS)
JOB / DESCRIPTION DU TRAVAILLE
POSITION:Senior Communication and Process Management Expert
COUNTRY / PAYS: Egypt
STARTING DATE / DATE DE DEMARRAGE: 4 February 2018
DURATION / DUREE: 30 months; Minimum allocation of 250 working days
GENERAL OBJECTIVE / OBJECTIVE GENERAL: The EU-Water STARS project targets the improvement of water management and to enable all partner agencies of the Government of Egypt (including governorates) to effectively contribute their resources towards both the NWRP, and SDP 2030 objectives, and including participatory measures at the local level.
Through its intervention at the inter-ministerial level, the project will support the development of effective inter-ministerial coordination, with a streamlining of existing inter-ministerial structures in the water sector. The project will focus on assisting the government in implementing the institutional strengthening, inter-sectoral dialogue, capacity building, and public awareness rising, while promoting stakeholder engagement and participation.
The project will be organized around five main components:
- Component A: Contribution to an enabling institutional and financial environment
- Component B: Modernization of the Water Management Framework
- Component C: Capacity Development for the relevant institutions
- Component D: Developing communication and information plans for public awareness
- Component E: Preparing technical studies for integrated resources management
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, APPLICATION SERVICES AND EXPECTED RESULTS / OBJECTIVES PARTICULIERS, SERVICES DEMANDES ET RÉSULTATS A ATTEINDRE:
- Support GoE efforts to align the legal and regulatory framework with implementation and enforcement capacity by supporting advances towards:
• Internal coherence of the legal and regulatory framework (coherence between standards for water quality and rules for disposal or reuse of treated water)
• Coherence between legal quality standards and capacities for construction (budgets and financing, technical capacities, guides of practices, land availability...) and operation (O&M capacities, cost recovery schemes) for water sector implementing entities
• Coherence of legal quality standards with monitoring and law enforcement capacities
- Support the development of capacities and tools for an improved capitalization of the information and experience gained on the initiatives, projects and programs implemented in the water sector by the various stakeholders
- Support awareness campaigns that may included, under schemes to be developed at both central and local level between Ministries participating in the Supreme Council for the Nile River Protection (SCNRP)
- Supervision and implementation of the Component D
- Provision of technical contribution to Component C
QUALIFICATION: - University degree in Institutional planning, communication or a related and relevant field, preferably at Master's level
- Proven experience in reporting and proven ability in working with governmental and public sector entities through at least one program funded by the EU or an international organization
- Proficiency in English
- Knowledge of Arabic would be an additional advantage
Please send all CVs in EU formatting -- follow link to download template: http://www.arsprogetti.org/jobopportunities.asp
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE / EXPÉRIENCE SPÉCIFIQUE: General Professional experience:
- At least 10 years of experience in Communication and/or Process Management in affiliated fields
- At least 5 years of experience in developing of communication and marketing campaigns; experience in the water sector is an asset
- Experience with at least one program funded by the EU or an international organization
- Experience in an advisory role to senior public officials is an asset
- Solid experience in capacity building and evaluation techniques, applications and dissemination is an asset
Specific Professional experience:
- Proven experience of at least two projects in the last 10 years (2007 onwards) in preparing awareness campaigns and implementing capacity building, including theory or change and contribution analysis
- Proven working experience of at least 3 years in planning and implementing marketing campaigns in different Media for public sector institutions
- Experience in at least one programme funded by the EU or an international organization in the last 10 years (2007 onwards) involving support to the governments in reforming the water or other relevant sector will be an asset
- Knowledge of the regional context, previous experience in Northern Africa and in particular Egypt will be an asset
- Proven working experience in communication and marketing activities and campaigns for donor-funded projects is an asset
WORK LANGUAGE / LANGUE DE TRAVAIL: English
APPLY / POSTULER: Rachel Silbert e-mail
DATE LINE / DATE LIMITE: 2 September 2017