A.R.S. PROGETTI’S PERCEPTION
In several areas of Africa, when entering the territory of another tribe, one is required to bear a special "passport mask".
This has a profound meaning: to neutralise one's roots and individuality as a sign of respect to those whose territory is being entered. In this there is an ancient wisdom, the sublimation of humanity's neutral essence.
Quoting Aeschylus Agamemnon "Provided they respect the temples and the Gods of the vanquished, then shall the victors be saved".
ARS Progetti is a consulting firm working all over the world providing services, such as surveys, studies, design and technical assistance, mainly to public committers and for public interests, in fields related with governance and human development, culture and cultural heritage, social and physical infrastructure.
Its overall mission is of a professional nature and consists in finding out, proposing and helping to implement solutions "which work", with reference to complex problems affecting extended social groups, regions, countries, groups of countries. Working on this ARS Progetti pursues the interest of its direct and "indirect" clients and project beneficiaries.
Framework Contracts 2013-2017 - Lot 7 “Human rights, civil society, governance, justice and Home Affairs”
JOB / DESCRIPTION DU TRAVAILLE
POSITION:Key experts available for short or medium term assignments - Lot 7 “Human rights, civil society, governance, justice and Home Affairs”
COUNTRY / PAYS: Worldwide
STARTING DATE / DATE DE DEMARRAGE: n/a
DURATION / DUREE: short/medium term
GENERAL OBJECTIVE / OBJECTIVE GENERAL: ARS Progetti is preparing, as consortium leader, his offer for the tender related to the European Commission Framework Contract Beneficiaries, Lot 7.
For this purpose ARS Progetti is seeking for consultants available from next September 2013 for short-term assignments worldwide in the fields of Human rights, civil society, governance, justice and Home Affairs.
Object of these contracts is the provision on-demand of highly specialised consulting services in different fields in any country beneficiary of the EU co-operation, within the ceiling of 300.000 Euro (with exceptions beyond this ceiling) for each assignment.
Being a framework contractor means to receive continuously during the period of validity requests for proposals which must be answered in two weeks by submitting the CV of the required experts, a financial quotation and, in some case, a methodology. Services may be required by the EC itself or by any beneficiary of the Europe Aid Cooperation Office in several countries.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, APPLICATION SERVICES AND EXPECTED RESULTS / OBJECTIVES PARTICULIERS, SERVICES DEMANDES ET RÉSULTATS A ATTEINDRE:
A.1. Promotion and protection of human rights
In the context of the human rights approach to poverty reduction, inclusive focus on people’s participation and empowerment, linkage to national and international human rights norms and standards, equality and non-discrimination, monitoring and accountability.
1. Promotion and protection of fundamental human rights
2. Social, economic and cultural rights
3. Political and civil rights (women rights, freedom of movement, freedom of thought, conscience and religion, children, minorities, migrants…)
A.2. Support to democratisation
4. Democratisation processes (incl. civic education)
5. Social and political roots of conflicts (conflict prevention)
6. Elections (excluding exploratory mission for election observers and election observers' missions)
7. Role and functioning of the Parliament
8. Citizenship (representative legitimacy, participation and political accountability)
9. Media freedom
A.3. Reinforcement of the rule of law and administration of justice
10. Reinforcement of the rule of law
11. Reform of judiciary (legal reform, justice and protection of human rights, capacity building, training of magistrates and prosecution officers…)
12. Penal regime (sentencing and detention, pre-trial, juvenile detention…)
13. Awareness and prevention of corruption
14. Police reform
15. Security sector reform (including exercise of civilian control over the military)
A.4 Public administration reform, and civil service reform
16. Public administration reform and organisational development of public institutions (including policy formulation, planning, budgeting, monitoring, evaluation…)
17. Civil service reform (including legal code, human resources management – recruitment, training, salaries…)
A.5. Decentralisation and local development
18. Decentralisation (subsidiarity, legislation, accountability)
19. Support to local authorities (local and regional levels including municipalities)
20. Community based development (empowerment and participatory approaches, gender issues, micro-projects)
21. Local development strategies (social, economic, multi-sector)
A.6. Enhancement of the role of civil society
22. Organisations (Non Governmental organisations, Community Based Organisations, media, trade unions…), roles (service delivery and advocacy) and recognition (legal framework). Including participatory organisation analysis and needs diagnostics
23. Capacity building (development of strategies, management and human resource development) (including design and delivery of training/mentoring/tutoring and other forms of support in all aspects of organisation at strategic and functional level, advocacy, internal governance, decision-making processes, accountability and transparency, fund raising ) and networking (networking at local, national, regional
and international level, coalition building, intermediary organisations, dialogue with government institutions)
B. Home Affairs, the fight against organised crime (incl. drugs) and terrorism
24. Home Affairs, the fight against organised crime (incl. drugs) and terrorism
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE / EXPÉRIENCE SPÉCIFIQUE:
WORK LANGUAGE / LANGUE DE TRAVAIL: English-French-Spanish-Portuguese
DATE LINE / DATE LIMITE: n/a