A.R.S. PROGETTI’S PERCEPTION
In several areas of Africa, when entering the territory of another tribe, one is required to bear a special "passport mask".
This has a profound meaning: to neutralise one's roots and individuality as a sign of respect to those whose territory is being entered. In this there is an ancient wisdom, the sublimation of humanity's neutral essence.
Quoting Aeschylus Agamemnon "Provided they respect the temples and the Gods of the vanquished, then shall the victors be saved".
ARS Progetti is a consulting firm working all over the world providing services, such as surveys, studies, design and technical assistance, mainly to public committers and for public interests, in fields related with governance and human development, culture and cultural heritage, social and physical infrastructure.
Its overall mission is of a professional nature and consists in finding out, proposing and helping to implement solutions "which work", with reference to complex problems affecting extended social groups, regions, countries, groups of countries. Working on this ARS Progetti pursues the interest of its direct and "indirect" clients and project beneficiaries.
EU- WATER Sector Technical Assistance and Reforms Support (EU-Water STARS)
JOB / DESCRIPTION DU TRAVAILLE
POSITION:Senior Institutional / Legal Analyst Expert
COUNTRY / PAYS: Egypt
STARTING DATE / DATE DE DEMARRAGE: 4 February 2018
DURATION / DUREE: 30 months; Minimum allocation of 350 working days
GENERAL OBJECTIVE / OBJECTIVE GENERAL: The EU-Water STARS project targets the improvement of water management and to enable all partner agencies of the Government of Egypt (including governorates) to effectively contribute their resources towards both the NWRP, and SDP 2030 objectives, and including participatory measures at the local level.
Through its intervention at the inter-ministerial level, the project will support the development of effective inter-ministerial coordination, with a streamlining of existing inter-ministerial structures in the water sector. The project will focus on assisting the government in implementing the institutional strengthening, inter-sectoral dialogue, capacity building, and public awareness rising, while promoting stakeholder engagement and participation.
The project will be organized around five main components:
- Component A: Contribution to an enabling institutional and financial environment
- Component B: Modernization of the Water Management Framework
- Component C: Capacity Development for the relevant institutions
- Component D: Developing communication and information plans for public awareness
- Component E: Preparing technical studies for integrated resources management
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, APPLICATION SERVICES AND EXPECTED RESULTS / OBJECTIVES PARTICULIERS, SERVICES DEMANDES ET RÉSULTATS A ATTEINDRE:
- Support GoE efforts to align the legal and regulatory framework with implementation and enforcement capacity by supporting advances towards:
• Internal coherence of the legal and regulatory framework (coherence between standards for water quality and rules for disposal or reuse of treated water)
• Coherence between legal quality standards and capacities for construction (budgets and financing, technical capacities, guides of practices, land availability...) and operation (O&M capacities, cost recovery schemes) for water sector implementing entities
• Coherence of legal quality standards with monitoring and law enforcement capacities
- Support the development of capacities and tools for an improved capitalization of the information and experience gained on the initiatives, projects and programs implemented in the water sector by the various stakeholders
- Support awareness campaigns that may included, under schemes to be developed at both central and local level between Ministries participating in the Supreme Council for the Nile River Protection (SCNRP)
- Supervision and implementation of the Component A
- Provision of technical contribution to Component C, E
QUALIFICATION: - Master's Degree in Economics, Public Finance, or Business administration or related field In absence of a Master's Degree, additional three (3) years of general experience with a Bachelor's Degree in the same field
- An advanced professional qualification in Finance would be an asset
- Proven experience in reporting and proven ability in working with governmental and public sector entities through at least one program funded by the EU or an international organization
- Proficiency in English
- Knowledge of Arabic would be an additional advantage
Please send all CVs in EU formatting -- follow link to download template: http://www.arsprogetti.org/jobopportunities.asp
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE / EXPÉRIENCE SPÉCIFIQUE: - At least 10 years of experience in working as an economist in investment projects, of which at least 3 years shall be experience in projects in the environmental sector in assessing and environmentally appraising water and/or sanitation and/or waste related projects
- At least 5 years of professional experience in an international context in institutional development and reform related to Water Sector
- Experience in water resources planning in Egypt and North Africa region in at least on project in the last 10 years (2007 onwards) would be an asset
Specific Professional experience:
- At least 5 years' experience working with/in a Water Management Agency / institute / organization implementing cost sharing and cost recovery mechanisms
- Proven working experience in preparing feasibility studies determining NPV of investments costs and settling tariffs in the water / irrigation sector for at least one program funded by EU or another European Financing Institution in the last 10 years (2007 onwards)
- Proven working experience in PPP financial modelling is an asset
- Experience linked to infrastructure financing, economic development strategies, including as relevant to transition countries is an asset
WORK LANGUAGE / LANGUE DE TRAVAIL: English
APPLY / POSTULER: Rachel Silbert e-mail
DATE LINE / DATE LIMITE: 2 September 2017