A.R.S. PROGETTI’S PERCEPTION
In several areas of Africa, when entering the territory of another tribe, one is required to bear a special "passport mask".
This has a profound meaning: to neutralise one's roots and individuality as a sign of respect to those whose territory is being entered. In this there is an ancient wisdom, the sublimation of humanity's neutral essence.
Quoting Aeschylus Agamemnon "Provided they respect the temples and the Gods of the vanquished, then shall the victors be saved".
ARS Progetti is a consulting firm working all over the world providing services, such as surveys, studies, design and technical assistance, mainly to public committers and for public interests, in fields related with governance and human development, culture and cultural heritage, social and physical infrastructure.
Its overall mission is of a professional nature and consists in finding out, proposing and helping to implement solutions "which work", with reference to complex problems affecting extended social groups, regions, countries, groups of countries. Working on this ARS Progetti pursues the interest of its direct and "indirect" clients and project beneficiaries.
FINAL EVALUATION CHINA-EU ACCESS TO JUSTICE PROJECT
JOB / DESCRIPTION DU TRAVAILLE
POSITION:2 experts category I
COUNTRY / PAYS: China
STARTING DATE / DATE DE DEMARRAGE: 1/09/2017
DURATION / DUREE: Expert 1 Team Leader 34 working days;
Expert 2 32 working days
for a total of 360 calendar days from its start
GENERAL OBJECTIVE / OBJECTIVE GENERAL: 1. DESCRIPTION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
2.1 Global objective
The main objectives of this final evaluation are to provide the relevant services of the EU and interested stakeholders with:
- An overall independent assessment of the past performance if the China-EU Access to Justice project, paying particular attention to its results against its objectives
- Key lessons and recommendations in order to improve current and future actions in this and related sectors.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, APPLICATION SERVICES AND EXPECTED RESULTS / OBJECTIVES PARTICULIERS, SERVICES DEMANDES ET RÉSULTATS A ATTEINDRE:
2.2 Specific objective
The specific aspects to be evaluated are:
1. the results and possible impact achieved through project support;
2. The experience of linking state and non-state legal service providers and impact on strengthening of the role of civil society n social justice issues in China;
3. Areas where learning opportunities and transfer of knowledge on legal aid modalities and practice between Europe and China were pursued and analysis of relevance to the broader EU-China strategic relationship.
QUALIFICATION: Expert No. 1 must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Master degree or in its absence equivalent professional experience of at least 5 years on top of the general professional experience of twelve years in thematic fields relevant to this assignment.
- At least 12 years of general professional experience in sectors relevant to the lot.
- Within these 12 years, at least 10 years of cumulative evaluation expertise with at least 5 evaluation reforms of justice systems and 1 evaluation conducted in China;
- Excellent computer literacy;
- proficiency in English
Expert No. 2 must meet the following minimum requirements:
- University degree of at least Master degree level, or in its absence equivalent professional experience of at least 5 years on top of the general professional experience of twelve years, in thematic fields relevant to this assignment.
- At least 12 years of general professional experience relevant to the lot.
- Within these 12 years, at least 6 years of specific professional experience in working in the justice, human rights and/or rule of law sectors, preferably including access to justice for vulnerable and disadvantaged groups;
In addition the expert team is required to provide the following expertise:
- At least one of the experts in the team must have experience working on access to justice and legal aid for vulnerable and disadvantaged groups; promotion of human rights, right based approaches to development, and liaising with government, academia, and civil society in China;
- Chinese language skills of at least one of the experts would be a distinct asset given the evaluation also covers possible impact on the final beneficiaries and will therefore require capacity to liaise with such stakeholders.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE / EXPÉRIENCE SPÉCIFIQUE:
WORK LANGUAGE / LANGUE DE TRAVAIL: English- Chinese
APPLY / POSTULER: Cecilia Campana e-mail
DATE LINE / DATE LIMITE: 14/07/2017 at 12:00