A.R.S. PROGETTI’S PERCEPTION
In several areas of Africa, when entering the territory of another tribe, one is required to bear a special "passport mask".
This has a profound meaning: to neutralise one's roots and individuality as a sign of respect to those whose territory is being entered. In this there is an ancient wisdom, the sublimation of humanity's neutral essence.
Quoting Aeschylus Agamemnon "Provided they respect the temples and the Gods of the vanquished, then shall the victors be saved".
ARS Progetti is a consulting firm working all over the world providing services, such as surveys, studies, design and technical assistance, mainly to public committers and for public interests, in fields related with governance and human development, culture and cultural heritage, social and physical infrastructure.
Its overall mission is of a professional nature and consists in finding out, proposing and helping to implement solutions "which work", with reference to complex problems affecting extended social groups, regions, countries, groups of countries. Working on this ARS Progetti pursues the interest of its direct and "indirect" clients and project beneficiaries.
Technical Assistance to support SADC Secretariat on EU development cooperation matters
JOB / DESCRIPTION DU TRAVAILLE
POSITION:One Category I EU Senior Advisor
COUNTRY / PAYS: Botswana
STARTING DATE / DATE DE DEMARRAGE: 10th of July 2017
DURATION / DUREE: 220 days
GENERAL OBJECTIVE / OBJECTIVE GENERAL: The objective of this assignment is to support SADC Secretariat regarding SADC-EU cooperation matters and to effectively contribute to SADC's engagement with the European Union to enhance implementation of the revised Regional Indicative Strategic Development Plan (RISDP).
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, APPLICATION SERVICES AND EXPECTED RESULTS / OBJECTIVES PARTICULIERS, SERVICES DEMANDES ET RÉSULTATS A ATTEINDRE:
• Strengthen the SADC Executive Secretary's capacity for providing speedy, effective and efficient quality policy reactions and strategic guidance concerning the preparation and implementation of 10th and 11th EDF programmes;
• Support the Executive Secretary in SADC's policy dialogue with the EU, especially in relation to programming and implementation of co-operation programmes;
• Assist Executive Secretary to enhance resource mobilization through effective use of EU instruments, regional funding initiatives and development bank financing modalities;
• Assist the Executive Secretary to oversee the implementation of EU funded and supported programmes.
• Strengthen SADC visibility and corporate image with the EU, through improved strategic positioning and functioning of the Executive Secretary at regional and international platforms.
QUALIFICATION: Minimum requirements:
a) Preferably a Master's Degree in the field of Political Science, Law, Economics, and Development Studies or other related social sciences. OR in the absence of a formal Master's Degree in the required field: relevant work experience of at least 10 years which must be above the professional experience duration fixed in points b) below;
b) At least 12 years of professional experience in the area of EU development assistance and/or any other relevant field.
c) Have proven working experience dealing with EU development financial assistance.
d) Have proven work experience in the area of management of the EU development financial resources.
e) Have proven previous experience in dealing with EDF rules and procedures, as well as EU financial instruments.
f) Proven experience in dealing with Regional Economic Communities within the African Context.
g) Fluency in written and spoken English;
h) excellent communication and analytical skills;
i) Sound knowledge of regional integration policies and strategies on the African continent;
j) proven working experience in the SADC region;
k) Ability to communicate in French or Portuguese is an asset.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE / EXPÉRIENCE SPÉCIFIQUE:
WORK LANGUAGE / LANGUE DE TRAVAIL: English
APPLY / POSTULER: Ciro Masullo e-mail
DATE LINE / DATE LIMITE: 15/06/2017