A.R.S. PROGETTI’S PERCEPTION
In several areas of Africa, when entering the territory of another tribe, one is required to bear a special "passport mask".
This has a profound meaning: to neutralise one's roots and individuality as a sign of respect to those whose territory is being entered. In this there is an ancient wisdom, the sublimation of humanity's neutral essence.
Quoting Aeschylus Agamemnon "Provided they respect the temples and the Gods of the vanquished, then shall the victors be saved".
ARS Progetti is a consulting firm working all over the world providing services, such as surveys, studies, design and technical assistance, mainly to public committers and for public interests, in fields related with governance and human development, culture and cultural heritage, social and physical infrastructure.
Its overall mission is of a professional nature and consists in finding out, proposing and helping to implement solutions "which work", with reference to complex problems affecting extended social groups, regions, countries, groups of countries. Working on this ARS Progetti pursues the interest of its direct and "indirect" clients and project beneficiaries.
Consultancy Services in Architecture
JOB / DESCRIPTION DU TRAVAILLE
POSITION:Senior Architecture Adviser
COUNTRY / PAYS: Afghanistan
STARTING DATE / DATE DE DEMARRAGE: 01/09/2017
DURATION / DUREE: 24 months - 8 to 10 months assignment
GENERAL OBJECTIVE / OBJECTIVE GENERAL: - To create an enabling policy framework and to establish capacity at the national and local levels to strengthen city planning, management and service delivery in five Provincial Capital Cities
- To provide policy and technical support to UNESCO’s activities in the areas of architecture, architectural rehabilitation and conservation development and will oversee the successful implementation of UNESCO’s architectural projects
-To improve the safeguard and management of what exists by giving it social and public relevance and to promote better contemporary architecture
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, APPLICATION SERVICES AND EXPECTED RESULTS / OBJECTIVES PARTICULIERS, SERVICES DEMANDES ET RÉSULTATS A ATTEINDRE:
1. Architecture Briefs: supervise and review program briefs for architecture
2. Design and Design Supervision: design lead for in-house projects, review of out-sourced design
3. Tender dossiers: support UNESCO for the tendering process
4. Construction management documentation: assignments of personnel, site visits, documentation management
5. Support to National Program for Culture and Creative Economy (NCPE) activities: attendance to representation meetings
6. Reports and briefs: report to NCPE program manager
QUALIFICATION: Mandatory Qualifications: - Advanced University Degree in Architecture;
- Licensed Architect – Urban Planner in country of origin;
- Fluency in oral and written English;
- Demonstrable experience as a Team Leader in at least three internationally funded projects dealing with construction, architectural planning, urban planning or local development issues.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE / EXPÉRIENCE SPÉCIFIQUE: Mandatory Professional Experience:
Mandatory Professional experience: - At least 15 years of relevant experience in architectural design;
- At least 5 years of experience in the supervision of architectural works;
- At least 3 years of experience as construction project manager;
- Demonstrable experience in rehabilitation projects;
- Demonstrable experience in organizing participatory planning processes with beneficiary communities;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with high level counterparts;
- Experience working with specialized IT engineering/architectural programs such as Archicad, AutoCAD, or other similar technical software.
- Dari or Pashto languages a plus;
- Prior experience with UN agencies and UN agency requirements a plus;
- Demonstrable experience with UN Procurement methods; experience with procurement methods of other international agencies (EU, USAID, etc.) a plus;
- Prior construction experiences in Afghanistan a plus.
WORK LANGUAGE / LANGUE DE TRAVAIL: English
APPLY / POSTULER: Ms. Giulia Falovo e-mail
DATE LINE / DATE LIMITE: 25/05/2017