A.R.S. PROGETTI’S PERCEPTION
In several areas of Africa, when entering the territory of another tribe, one is required to bear a special "passport mask".
This has a profound meaning: to neutralise one's roots and individuality as a sign of respect to those whose territory is being entered. In this there is an ancient wisdom, the sublimation of humanity's neutral essence.
Quoting Aeschylus Agamemnon "Provided they respect the temples and the Gods of the vanquished, then shall the victors be saved".
ARS Progetti is a consulting firm working all over the world providing services, such as surveys, studies, design and technical assistance, mainly to public committers and for public interests, in fields related with governance and human development, culture and cultural heritage, social and physical infrastructure.
Its overall mission is of a professional nature and consists in finding out, proposing and helping to implement solutions "which work", with reference to complex problems affecting extended social groups, regions, countries, groups of countries. Working on this ARS Progetti pursues the interest of its direct and "indirect" clients and project beneficiaries.
Technical Assistance to the Biodiversity Conservation and Management of Protected Areas in ASEAN (BCAMP)
JOB / DESCRIPTION DU TRAVAILLE
POSITION:Key Expert 3: Specialist in Resource Economics and/or Ecosystem Valuation /and / or TEEB related works
COUNTRY / PAYS: Philippines/ASEAN
STARTING DATE / DATE DE DEMARRAGE: 01/10/2017
DURATION / DUREE: 36 months - 110 working days
GENERAL OBJECTIVE / OBJECTIVE GENERAL: The general objectives of the project are:
- To enhance conservation of biodiversity and effective management of protected areas in ASEAN
- To contribute to global sustainability by ensuring ASEAN’s rich biological diversity is conserved and sustainably managed toward enhancing social, economic, and environmental well-being
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, APPLICATION SERVICES AND EXPECTED RESULTS / OBJECTIVES PARTICULIERS, SERVICES DEMANDES ET RÉSULTATS A ATTEINDRE:
The purpose and expected results of the project are:
Component 1: Capacity Building and Support to Management Plan Preparation
Component 2: Research, Assessment and Valuation
Component 3: Organization of Trainings and Workshops for Internal and External Stakeholders
Component 4: Promotion of Biodiversity Knowledge Management
QUALIFICATION: As minimum requirements:
• Master's degree in economics, or finance and/or environmental economics or others relevant areas preferable with exposure to natural resources /biodiversity conservation or equivalent minimum of 15 years of relevant professional experience;
• Excellent communication skills in English are essential, both orally and in writing
15 years of professional experience in environment management and biodiversity conservation is required.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE / EXPÉRIENCE SPÉCIFIQUE: As minimum requirements:
• 8 years of professional experience as consultant/specialist in the fields of ecosystem valuation and TEEB related works;
• Experience in working with government officials, civil servants and technical public administration agencies and authorities is an asset;
• Experience in collecting, verifying and analysing information, and to finish and present work with a high degree of accuracy and technical quality;
• Work experience in Southeast Asia would be an asset.
WORK LANGUAGE / LANGUE DE TRAVAIL: English
APPLY / POSTULER: Viola Fanciullacci e-mail
DATE LINE / DATE LIMITE: 26/05/2017