A.R.S. PROGETTI’S PERCEPTION
In several areas of Africa, when entering the territory of another tribe, one is required to bear a special "passport mask".
This has a profound meaning: to neutralise one's roots and individuality as a sign of respect to those whose territory is being entered. In this there is an ancient wisdom, the sublimation of humanity's neutral essence.
Quoting Aeschylus Agamemnon "Provided they respect the temples and the Gods of the vanquished, then shall the victors be saved".
ARS Progetti is a consulting firm working all over the world providing services, such as surveys, studies, design and technical assistance, mainly to public committers and for public interests, in fields related with governance and human development, culture and cultural heritage, social and physical infrastructure.
Its overall mission is of a professional nature and consists in finding out, proposing and helping to implement solutions "which work", with reference to complex problems affecting extended social groups, regions, countries, groups of countries. Working on this ARS Progetti pursues the interest of its direct and "indirect" clients and project beneficiaries.
Technical Assistance to the Biodiversity Conservation and Management of Protected Areas in ASEAN (BCAMP)
JOB / DESCRIPTION DU TRAVAILLE
POSITION:Key Expert 1: Team Leader and Programme Adviser
COUNTRY / PAYS: Philippines/ASEAN
STARTING DATE / DATE DE DEMARRAGE: 01/10/2017
DURATION / DUREE: 36 months - 693 working days
GENERAL OBJECTIVE / OBJECTIVE GENERAL: The general objectives of the Project are as follows:
To enhance conservation of biodiversity and effective management of protected areas in ASEAN
- To contribute to global sustainability by ensuring ASEAN’s rich biological diversity is conserved and sustainably managed toward enhancing social, economic, and environmental well-being
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, APPLICATION SERVICES AND EXPECTED RESULTS / OBJECTIVES PARTICULIERS, SERVICES DEMANDES ET RÉSULTATS A ATTEINDRE:
The specific purposes and expected results of the Project are:
Component 1: Capacity Building and Support to Management Plan Preparation
Component 2: Research, Assessment and Valuation
Component 3: Organization of Trainings and Workshops for Internal and External Stakeholders
Component 4: Promotion of Biodiversity Knowledge Management
QUALIFICATION: - Minimum Master’s degree in biological or environmental sciences, natural resource management, environmental economics and policy or economic sciences with proven knowledge of natural sciences and biodiversity conservation, or equivalent 15 years of relevant professional experience
- Proven knowledge of natural sciences and biodiversity conservation
- Excellent communication skills in English, both orally and in writing
- Strong analytical skills and ability to convince
- Perfect command of English and knowledge of additional ASEAN region languages is an asset
- Ability to perform well in multicultural contexts as a team player and to interact appropriately with a broad variety of actors (from community members to ministerial representatives)
- At least 15 years of experience in project implementation and/or supervision at an international level, preferably in the ASEAN region
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE / EXPÉRIENCE SPÉCIFIQUE: • Experience in complex programme management, as Team Leader and in leading multi-actor dynamics preferred.
• At least 5 years of experience with biodiversity issues relevant to the ASEAN related to mangrove areas, coral reefs, primary forests, peatlands, fresh waters ecosystems, and seagrass
• Proven familiarity with the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) requirements and the Conference of Parties (COP) decisions
• Strong knowledge of South East Asia conservation challenges, and understanding and appreciation of South East Asia culture.
WORK LANGUAGE / LANGUE DE TRAVAIL: English
APPLY / POSTULER: Viola Fanciullacci e-mail
DATE LINE / DATE LIMITE: 26/05/2017