A.R.S. PROGETTI’S PERCEPTION
In several areas of Africa, when entering the territory of another tribe, one is required to bear a special "passport mask".
This has a profound meaning: to neutralise one's roots and individuality as a sign of respect to those whose territory is being entered. In this there is an ancient wisdom, the sublimation of humanity's neutral essence.
Quoting Aeschylus Agamemnon "Provided they respect the temples and the Gods of the vanquished, then shall the victors be saved".
ARS Progetti is a consulting firm working all over the world providing services, such as surveys, studies, design and technical assistance, mainly to public committers and for public interests, in fields related with governance and human development, culture and cultural heritage, social and physical infrastructure.
Its overall mission is of a professional nature and consists in finding out, proposing and helping to implement solutions "which work", with reference to complex problems affecting extended social groups, regions, countries, groups of countries. Working on this ARS Progetti pursues the interest of its direct and "indirect" clients and project beneficiaries.
Framework Contracts 2013-2017 - Lot 10: Trade and private sector
JOB / DESCRIPTION DU TRAVAILLE
POSITION:Key experts available for short or medium term assignments - Lot 10: Trade and private sector
COUNTRY / PAYS: Worldwide
STARTING DATE / DATE DE DEMARRAGE: n/a
DURATION / DUREE: short/medium term
GENERAL OBJECTIVE / OBJECTIVE GENERAL: ARS Progetti is preparing, as consortium partner, his offer for the tender related to the European Commission Framework Contract Beneficiaries, Lot 10.
For this purpose ARS Progetti is seeking for consultants available from next September 2013 for short-term assignments worldwide in the fields of "Trade and private sector”.
Object of these contracts is the provision on-demand of highly specialised consulting services in different fields in any country beneficiary of the EU co-operation, within the ceiling of 300.000 Euro (with exceptions beyond this ceiling) for each assignment.
Being a framework contractor means to receive continuously during the period of validity requests for proposals which must be answered in two weeks by submitting the CV of the required experts, a financial quotation and, in some case, a methodology. Services may be required by the EC itself or by any beneficiary of the Europe Aid Cooperation Office in several countries.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, APPLICATION SERVICES AND EXPECTED RESULTS / OBJECTIVES PARTICULIERS, SERVICES DEMANDES ET RÉSULTATS A ATTEINDRE:
1. Trade policy development and reform
2. Support to trade negotiations
3. Regional economic integration – support to establishment of customs unions
4. Trade facilitation / customs
5. Conformity assessment (accreditation, certification and testing laboratories) covering Sanitary and Phytosanitary issues / Technical barriers to trade,
7. Standards and norms covering Sanitary and Phytosanitary issues / Technical barriers to trade,
8. Support to producers in Sanitary and Phytosanitary issues
9. Support to producers in addressing issues related to Technical barriers to trade
10. Intellectual property (industrial property, copyright / related rights)
11. Trade in Services
12. Competition policy
13. Trade and environment
14. Trade defence instruments / dispute settlement / transparency and government procurement
15. Trade promotion
16. Market analysis / strategy development
B. PRIVATE SECTOR
17. Private sector development policy and reform
18. Privatisation and industrial policy, including Public-Private Partnership
19. Sector policies (textile, mining, pharmaceutical industry, agriculture, tourism etc.)
20. SMEs policy development
21. Regulatory reform for improving the business environment
22. Investment promotion (domestic and foreign)
23. Small and Medium enterprises (SME) support (inclusive advisory services for management, production, technology, research & development, marketing, partnership, decent work, export promotion, financing, human resources management incl. gender issue, training, environmental impact, production quality, etc.)
24. Commercial banking, inclusive financial services to Small, medium and micro-enterprises (credit lines, equity, guarantees, micro-credit),
25. Financial sector regulation (incl. supervision of banking, insurance, pension funds, securities etc.)
26. Corporate governance issues (including corporate social responsibility)
27. Supporting professional/commercial/advisory bodies (professional associations, decentralised advisory agencies, local consultancy strengthening, Chambers of commerce, European Information Correspondence Centres (EICC), Business Centres.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE / EXPÉRIENCE SPÉCIFIQUE:
WORK LANGUAGE / LANGUE DE TRAVAIL: English-French-Spanish-Portuguese
DATE LINE / DATE LIMITE: n/a